Error 1402: could not open key: unknow\components\3178400169C22D11A9790006794C4E25\7D2F387510089040102000060BECB6AB

Anonymous
2009-10-07T06:14:56+00:00

I already checked on the persissions, i am logged on as administartor, UAC turned off.

There was a bad uninstall of the product, had to run "Windows Installer Cleanup" because was receiving message "already installed" at setup.

Now i have this Error 1402. Something else i need to clean up before reinstallation?

Thank you for any advice.

Jean-Luc

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-13T01:46:28+00:00

RESOLVED!

(Error 1402 while attempting to re-install Office 2003 on Vista Home Professional)

This was resolved for me by running the "Fix-It" that resets registry security settings.  It is at the following knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Then re-run the install

Thank you to the folks at the following forum/post

http://omgili.com/jmp/.0rSU5LtMgwKlLvLcgIskPccX\_Otxaq47tlOHhXkGRb9DAq3tpx1C4gh00DZZkwslO.hn8FUUZ6pJCwCoNtBn12lpf\_8OAH6BolXoJuTLbCHiTcfU\_6jli4B1kprrvOCwEcK4Gjdz5IvN3UiylfPOFgVs1w9TIbZNZLV.aWzM3N\_YsKkJIKHJTprxix8tG5wBpocyMRkNgo\_RuSfQ.umQF\_dt5CcWAXASWe6ClVIyU4-

I tried to 'reply' to their post but their site crashed in the attempt.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-14T15:57:30+00:00

    I had this same error after converting from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I had Pinnacle 14 and 15 installed, which I was told had to be reinstalled. Pinnacle 15 uninstalled and reinstalled fine. Pinnacle 14 would not uninstall. I then used Windows Installer Cleanup and it hung up at black DOS prompt window. I had a few minor issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 installation and decided to run the "repair" from the install disk. The installation proceeded almost to completion and then hit the Error 1402 problem and backed out of the Microsoft Office repair. I have not resolved this issue yet but will try the Fix It solution below.

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-07T18:05:29+00:00

    Guys, I had the same issue while installing Office 2010 on Windows 7.  Here is a link to the solution that worked for me:

    http://www.okino.com/conv/changing\_windows\_registry\_permissions.htm

    This worked for me when I was having problems re-installing my Kodak AIO s/ware with the same errors. I would recommend editing the specific keys rather than the 'blanket' edit just in case!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T19:05:18+00:00

    Finally I solved this! I had the same problem with installation of Visual C++ 2010 redistributable x64. After running secedit I was able to complete installation.

    Big thx Harry! KUDOS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-01T13:21:20+00:00

    RESOLVED!

    (Error 1402 while attempting to re-install Office 2003 on Vista Home Professional)

    This was resolved for me by running the "Fix-It" that resets registry security settings.  It is at the following knowledgebase article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

    Then re-run the install

    Thank you to the folks at the following forum/post

    http://omgili.com/jmp/.0rSU5LtMgwKlLvLcgIskPccX\_Otxaq47tlOHhXkGRb9DAq3tpx1C4gh00DZZkwslO.hn8FUUZ6pJCwCoNtBn12lpf\_8OAH6BolXoJuTLbCHiTcfU\_6jli4B1kprrvOCwEcK4Gjdz5IvN3UiylfPOFgVs1w9TIbZNZLV.aWzM3N\_YsKkJIKHJTprxix8tG5wBpocyMRkNgo\_RuSfQ.umQF\_dt5CcWAXASWe6ClVIyU4-

    I tried to 'reply' to their post but their site crashed in the attempt.

    I purchased Fix-It and it did not solve my problem. I get a ERROR 1402 every time I try to install Inventor 2018 on my updated Windows 10 system. I have edited Registry and made sure all permissions are set to Administrator.  In fact, since I accepted the new Windows 10 update, none of the all ready installed Autocad products on my system will no longer run are re-install.  I have been running Autocad products under Windows for years and never had this type of problems before.  What did Microsoft do to all of us users ???????   I need a fix from Microsoft to fix this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments