Error 1402: could not open key: unknow\components\3178400169C22D11A9790006794C4E25\7D2F387510089040102000060BECB6AB

Anonymous
2009-10-07T06:14:56+00:00

I already checked on the persissions, i am logged on as administartor, UAC turned off.

There was a bad uninstall of the product, had to run "Windows Installer Cleanup" because was receiving message "already installed" at setup.

Now i have this Error 1402. Something else i need to clean up before reinstallation?

Thank you for any advice.

Jean-Luc

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-13T01:46:28+00:00

RESOLVED!

(Error 1402 while attempting to re-install Office 2003 on Vista Home Professional)

This was resolved for me by running the "Fix-It" that resets registry security settings.  It is at the following knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Then re-run the install

Thank you to the folks at the following forum/post

http://omgili.com/jmp/.0rSU5LtMgwKlLvLcgIskPccX\_Otxaq47tlOHhXkGRb9DAq3tpx1C4gh00DZZkwslO.hn8FUUZ6pJCwCoNtBn12lpf\_8OAH6BolXoJuTLbCHiTcfU\_6jli4B1kprrvOCwEcK4Gjdz5IvN3UiylfPOFgVs1w9TIbZNZLV.aWzM3N\_YsKkJIKHJTprxix8tG5wBpocyMRkNgo\_RuSfQ.umQF\_dt5CcWAXASWe6ClVIyU4-

I tried to 'reply' to their post but their site crashed in the attempt.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T07:01:59+00:00

    Please see the edited instructions above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T06:48:48+00:00

    its 1402 all day long. Every time I run the office 2007 enterprise installer I get the 1402 at another registry entry. The one I put was an example. They are all in the components/************F01FEC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T06:42:15+00:00

    Tell me exactly when you are receiving the error and what the error code is. The initial post on this thread refers to error code: 1402 yet, the instructions you state you followed on the link you posted are in reference to error code: 1304. Please clarify.

    Also, you may want to check out the link HERE.

    You can easily create a batch file yourself using Notepad.  Simply copy everything between the two dotted lines below and paste to a notepad. This is the batch file contained on the link above.

    ...........................................................................

    Echo

    cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"

    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

    subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

    Pause

    ..........................................................................

    After you have pasted the above contents to the notepad click File > Save as > type any file name .bat (dot bat). Click on the file and run it. When the process has completed you will see the prompt to Press any key to continue. Press a key and the prompt will close.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T05:49:07+00:00

    Thank you but nope! :)

    I am still getting a registry error. What I have found is keys like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\3A7AB5CA11606E14CB66BD849B3CADD0\00002119F20000000000000000F01FEC

    Are the issue, the permissions are whacked and all of the error keys end in F01FEC

    I have been manually changing the ownership of the keys for a couple hours now. I do not know enough about writing batch files for reg permission changes to do one. Especially if I am going ofter a wildcard key like *F01FEC.

    I have just been F3ing my way through the entire components section looking for F01FEC keys that come up with the error for permissions once found.

    If you can write a batch to change the ownership of those then we might be in business. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments