every day with NO WARNING and it iS a BIG problem,no matter how often I save my work,I still get caught ,Same problem,since I got windows 10, positively NO Warning and no way to control it
Windows Updates that shut down computer without warning
original title: Windows Updates that shut down
This will be short. The next time you send through a Windows Update that completely restarts the computer, would you please warn me first. I just received "Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB967632) ... Recommended ... 6/13/2009" at approximately 3:00am, EDT. I was not aware of it until I thought my computer crashed, and that was until I read that it was in Stage 2 of installing. I was in the middle of some very important, complicated and delicate transactions. Honestly, I'm not making this up to leverage my point. All was lost. I have never received an update while I was using the computer when a spontaneous shut down occurred due to a Windows Update. This was truly awful.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-10-12T20:20:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-10-12T20:21:32+00:00 every day with NO WARNING and it iS a BIG problem,no matter how often I save my work,I still get caught ,Same problem,since I got windows 10, positively NO Warning and no way to control it
-
Anonymous
2015-10-12T20:29:27+00:00 this iS a SERIOUS problem...every day with NO WARNING ,and it iS a BIG problem,no matter how often I save my work,I still get caught ,Same problem as the other people,since I got windows 10, positively NO Warning and no way to control it, it randomly shuts down just makes a click sound and OFF and eventually restarts and some times it takes a long time, well yesterday it was 14 hours, worst case scenario,I was planning to restore my PC back to factory condition if it didn't work,It got stuck "on" and would not shut off and finally I decided to risk it and popped the battery real quick and it restarted, but it got stuck most likely because I had no warning and didn't shut down some programs, which require a yes/no response before shutting down, prior to getting windows 10, I would have promptly saved my work and selectively shut down such programs,ie. adobe PS, before the updates
-
Anonymous
2015-11-11T02:03:10+00:00 It is definitely not true on Windows 10. Watching a video online and the screens go into powersave mode. You can still hear audio for a while and then it reboots. Upon returning, Windows 10 installs updates. This happens with no warning.
-
Anonymous
2015-12-14T02:11:05+00:00 I have Windows 10 and it happens to me AT LEAST 3 times a day. Microsoft really needs to work on their operating systems. The past two have really sucked. This is why more and more people are hating Microsoft and moving to other things like Mac and Linux. Microsoft's lost many customers due to these kinds of issues, they should really work on fixing this.