Same problem,since I git windows 10, positively NO Warning and no way to control it
Windows Updates that shut down computer without warning
original title: Windows Updates that shut down
This will be short. The next time you send through a Windows Update that completely restarts the computer, would you please warn me first. I just received "Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB967632) ... Recommended ... 6/13/2009" at approximately 3:00am, EDT. I was not aware of it until I thought my computer crashed, and that was until I read that it was in Stage 2 of installing. I was in the middle of some very important, complicated and delicate transactions. Honestly, I'm not making this up to leverage my point. All was lost. I have never received an update while I was using the computer when a spontaneous shut down occurred due to a Windows Update. This was truly awful.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-10-12T20:17:36+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-09-03T11:12:45+00:00 This does happen and even worse today with my windows 10 hp laptop it just shut down completely without warning or shutting itself down then when restarted it said it was applying updates.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-13T18:06:41+00:00 This absolutely is happening! I used to always get a warning, but in recent months, no warning. In the middle of a work document, when I have a deadline, whenever it's the most hassle for me. The first time I assumed the computer crashed. Now it's happened often enough that I know what's happening. But it's more annoying to read some moderator say it never happens rather than offer solutions, and this is already way past annoying!
-
Anonymous
2015-08-07T22:22:53+00:00 I so agree.... right in the middle of work ...to loose everything since my last save. Never have I had more of a reason and true motivation to change my life long preference from windows to Mac. All its going to take is for me to loose a couple more hours of my work and it's done. Thank god I wasn't trading stocks online where it could have cost me hard cash.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-12T18:28:00+00:00 Oh thank you. That was getting frustrating.
Still think it's sad that a bug report didn't get noticed...