What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2010-06-20T02:11:16+00:00

What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-20T22:46:05+00:00

Hi rafcaf75,

  1. Did you try to install the game? If yes, what was the result?

We did check for the compatibility of the game Risk II with Windows 7 and found no information. This means that the game may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

See Risk II compatibility

Step 1: We recommend you install the game in either Windows XP or Vista compatibility mode and check the difference.

To do this, see Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Step 2: If nothing works, then you may install the game in Windows XP mode

a. Download and install Windows XP mode.

b. Click Start, click All Programs, and click Windows XP Mode.

c. Open the game setup file and install it.

d. Launch the game and play it.

Regards,

Syed - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-31T00:49:16+00:00

    Having same issue as Tim_desu.  I tried adding -noavi to the shortcut and Windows 7 gives error message saying application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).  What else to try??  Any plans to fix this in the next Windows 7 update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-17T17:18:53+00:00

    Having same issue as Tim_desu.  I tried adding -noavi to the shortcut and Windows 7 gives error message saying application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).  What else to try??  Any plans to fix this in the next Windows 7 update?

    I also have the same problem. I cannot play Risk II on my new laptop with Nvidia Geforce GT 540M and Win7. I have to alt tab in order to click on a option. Please help since I really badly wants to play Risk II again.

    Best regards,

    WAR_bockenbrinner

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-13T18:59:24+00:00

    Read all these posts and was having same struggles...nothing worked. Was doing the ctrl, alt,dlt thing to advance one screen...AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGG!!!   SUDDENLY it worked!..Here's the thing, if you are using a laptop check to see which power setting your using.  Power saver seems to turn some graphic things off to save battery or whatever.  All I know is I changed from Power saver to High Performance and BOOM...Risk 2 works on my windows 7 home premium Asus eee Slate!!!  SO HAPPY!!!

           HERE'S THE FIX...SET YOUR POWER OPTIONS TO HIGH PERFORMANCE!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-15T05:02:30+00:00

    Yeeesss it worked. i almost gave up, but changing energy settings worked for me. I had to create a new energy setting with maximum performance and than it worked. No more alt tab between the screens. LukeHitz you are a HERO. THANK YOU!

    BB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments