What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2010-06-20T02:11:16+00:00

What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-20T22:46:05+00:00

Hi rafcaf75,

  1. Did you try to install the game? If yes, what was the result?

We did check for the compatibility of the game Risk II with Windows 7 and found no information. This means that the game may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

See Risk II compatibility

Step 1: We recommend you install the game in either Windows XP or Vista compatibility mode and check the difference.

To do this, see Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Step 2: If nothing works, then you may install the game in Windows XP mode

a. Download and install Windows XP mode.

b. Click Start, click All Programs, and click Windows XP Mode.

c. Open the game setup file and install it.

d. Launch the game and play it.

Regards,

Syed - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-24T08:32:04+00:00

    Hello,

    a fix may be to install an old Windows operating system on a virtual machine (application) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=4580

    Let me know if it works.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-27T09:13:24+00:00

    Because I have not the Pro version Win XP won't work.

    I will install VMware player and create a vitual machine, Install Windows Vista, Install VMware Tools and see how that works. This should be a work around for Windows XP mode.

    Let you after the weekend if I succeeded is playing risk!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-28T13:07:16+00:00

    Hi,

    Yesterday I installed VMware and my old version of Windows Vista which was my OS on my previous laptop. Risk was running fine on that OS on my old Dell.

    Everything works fine, VMware is nice stuff,  but guess what no Risk II. Same error as if I run it under WIndows 7.

    So my conclusion is that it is must be my videocard (nvidia 555 optimus)

    Any other suggestions??????????? Driver update tweaking the videocard????????

    Rgs Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-28T21:49:04+00:00

    I have the same problem with my brand new Laptop with Windows 7. I cant play Risk II anymore after 11 years !!!!

    My old laptop, with XP Pro, has crashed, so I have no alternative.

    So, I've got a brand new laptop with Windows 7 and I've tried everything. But guess what, it just doesnt work. I have to do the same ctrl-alt-del trick to get 1 step further.

    I can't even play the original cd....   And that's even more strange.

    So, what's the problem? Is it the graphics card? Is it a driver? Please someone, find a solution for this.

    GenGiu, I hope you read this.... And don't laugh, please. Installing a VM is no option for me, I have no idea how to do that and I have no Cd with an XP operating system or whatever. I just want to be able to play Risk on this Laptop, as soon as possible.

    I am so desperate that I want to delete the whole Windows 7, buy a XP-cd and install XP Pro on this laptop, but people told me that that is not possible. I have even Googled it: Laptop with original W7 can't go back to XP...

     Someone PLEASE HELP AND FIND A SOLUTION TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.....

    If there is NO solution, I have to go and buy a new laptop with Xp, but is that even possible nowadays???

    I Love to play Risk, that's all I want.

    Thanks in forward,

    WAR_MBK

    Playing Risk II on http://www.e-warzone.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments