What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2010-06-20T02:11:16+00:00

What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-20T22:46:05+00:00

Hi rafcaf75,

  1. Did you try to install the game? If yes, what was the result?

We did check for the compatibility of the game Risk II with Windows 7 and found no information. This means that the game may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

See Risk II compatibility

Step 1: We recommend you install the game in either Windows XP or Vista compatibility mode and check the difference.

To do this, see Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Step 2: If nothing works, then you may install the game in Windows XP mode

a. Download and install Windows XP mode.

b. Click Start, click All Programs, and click Windows XP Mode.

c. Open the game setup file and install it.

d. Launch the game and play it.

Regards,

Syed - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-17T00:35:58+00:00

    I too use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. However I always get a invalid error message when I tried to change the shortcut. Can you explain how you changed the shortcut (what did you do and how does the new shortcut look like after the change)? Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-17T00:19:29+00:00

    I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and by changing the shortcut it solved my problem... thx

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-07T06:18:55+00:00

    When I try adding the extension "-noavi" like yours, it kept showing an error message that the new name is invalid. What should I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-06T14:54:36+00:00

    Hey guys,

    I have Win 7 Home Prem 64bit intel i3 with intel graphics card. I have tried all the following fixes with no avail. The game loads fine but when I get to the main screen I click on single player and hear a click but the screen doesn't move. I press the windows button and then go back into the game and the screen moves to the play type screen. This is very frustrating.

    I installed it using the setup.exe troubleshoot win xp ser pk 2

    I put the -noavi tag on the shortcut that worked in not loading the start up animations

    I tried the minimization and that doesn't work.

    The VM machine is not a option becausehttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/what-can-i-do-to-get-risk-ii-to-work-on-windows-7/b8a174d3-ee9b-4e9b-982b-ee9db62ea58c?page=2&tm=1315471470409 you can only load Win XP Mode with Win 7 Professional

    Any help will be much appreciated since I have been playing this amazing game since it came out in 2000.

    Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments