What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2010-06-20T02:11:16+00:00

What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-20T22:46:05+00:00

Hi rafcaf75,

  1. Did you try to install the game? If yes, what was the result?

We did check for the compatibility of the game Risk II with Windows 7 and found no information. This means that the game may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

See Risk II compatibility

Step 1: We recommend you install the game in either Windows XP or Vista compatibility mode and check the difference.

To do this, see Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Step 2: If nothing works, then you may install the game in Windows XP mode

a. Download and install Windows XP mode.

b. Click Start, click All Programs, and click Windows XP Mode.

c. Open the game setup file and install it.

d. Launch the game and play it.

Regards,

Syed - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T19:09:24+00:00

    Hi! 

    I'm also having that problem when you have to press ctrl alt delete to advance one screen. 

    I tried to change power settings and I also tried with the charger, doesn't work either :( 

    I really want to play... Any suggestions? :/ 

    Can't play on the other computer because it dies 1-3 minutes after starting a game :( 

    What am I supposed to do? :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-15T07:41:09+00:00

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......... Worked like a dream.... 2 click of my mouse and i'm invading Northern Europe…..  Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-10-02T18:47:30+00:00

    i installed risk 2 from the cd and updated my geforce gt540M.

    its an win 7 asus.

    i tried to play with high performance on but it still wont work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-15T05:02:30+00:00

    Yeeesss it worked. i almost gave up, but changing energy settings worked for me. I had to create a new energy setting with maximum performance and than it worked. No more alt tab between the screens. LukeHitz you are a HERO. THANK YOU!

    BB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments