What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Anonymous
2010-06-20T02:11:16+00:00

What can I do to get Risk II to work on Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-20T22:46:05+00:00

Hi rafcaf75,

  1. Did you try to install the game? If yes, what was the result?

We did check for the compatibility of the game Risk II with Windows 7 and found no information. This means that the game may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

See Risk II compatibility

Step 1: We recommend you install the game in either Windows XP or Vista compatibility mode and check the difference.

To do this, see Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Step 2: If nothing works, then you may install the game in Windows XP mode

a. Download and install Windows XP mode.

b. Click Start, click All Programs, and click Windows XP Mode.

c. Open the game setup file and install it.

d. Launch the game and play it.

Regards,

Syed - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-23T01:41:19+00:00

    Same problem as Tim.  I just bought a new i7 laptop & no luck same thing it launches but i have to ctl alt del to get it to advance one screen then enter the running program click on next action then ctl alt del to get one screen farther ... ect.  it works perfectly on my i5 laptop so looks like i'll continue to use the old (1 year old) i5 to play risk & the new one when i don't want to play risk ... wife says so the 1000 laptop can't play what the 400 could?  not sure how to respond to that :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-22T09:14:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I have a brand new laptop with windows 7 home. I tried all of the above but Risk is still not working. It freezes and I can click but I need to do a ctrl alt delete trick to get one step further. So this is impossible to work with. I can't run it in XP mode because I don't have the pro versio. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

    Rgs Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-08T08:44:47+00:00

    Thank you for the easy fix. That worked me. If I only told you about the long history of Risk II and windows 7 professional 64 bit compatibility...

    Same graphic card, same driver version, one time works and another not!

    Now I seem to have fixed with your suggestions and do not forget to come to play here multiplayer: www.e-warzone.com I'm in the WAR group and I'm Gen_Giu.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-27T21:11:35+00:00

    I found a much more straightforward way when the other options didn't work.

    Right click desktop icon-properties-shortcut

    Where it says "run: normal window" I changed that to "run: minimized" using the drop down menu. Worked perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments