This thread is 7 years old and still, no one has clarified this confusing, horribly written "solution" to what should be a really simple task of determining the physical drive that corresponds with any given ideport.
"Go into your setup" is essentially nonsensical. What setup? That's not a Windows term.
"Then go to Device Manager and look how many SATA controller you have and how many ports for each..."
How many ports for each? What does this even mean. There are no ports listed in Device manager. Only channels. Again. Nonsense that doesn't even try to conform to MS terminology. The rest of his comment is rendered useless by this same conflation of terms.
In devise manager, on my W7 Pro 64 OS, I see, listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, I see this:
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 1
ATA Channel 2
ATA Channel 3
ATA Channel 4
ATA Channel 5
Opening the Properties/Details for each channel and scrolling through all the properties, the words "port" or "ideport" are not mentioned once.
It is 2016, and I have spent 2 days now trying to find the answer that was posed in this thread:
How do i determine which physical device(s) this [Error 11 Ideport] is associated with?
Or to put it more concisely: How can one determine which physical drive corresponds to which ideport without having to open the computer case?
I can't believe there isn't a simple utility app that performs this function. Or a simple, straightforward method.