Windows 7 will not recognize my iphone as a camera

Anonymous
2010-02-12T07:52:50+00:00

I noticed today while trying to upload pictures from my iphone, when I connect to my PC, itunes immediately recognizes my iphone, but window 7 will not recognize the device. When I try to access the files via "Computer" its not even listed as a connected device, even though itunes says it is. Normally, autoplay will come up the same time itunes launches. Reinstalled itunes and the device driver.

Now grabbed my wife's iphone, plugged it in, the computer recognizes the device as does itunes.

So whats the deal with mine? We're both running Version 3.1.3(7E18)

Can somone please help, I would like to upload my pictures and there are way to many to send by email

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-13T03:33:31+00:00

Hi Steele823,

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, I’d suggest you to check for any settings, if any, within the iPhone (you may try and compare the settings with your wife’s iPhone, if need be) and check if you’ve accidentally missed out anything.

Here’s an Apple KB article that may just have the fix for the issue you’re facing:

iPhone or iPod is not recognized properly by computer when USB drivers are not installed properly or are out of date

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the above article, in the order and check if your issue gets fixed.

If the steps mentioned in the above article do not fix the issue, I’d suggest you to contact Apple Support:

Apple – Support – iPod – iTunes

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Hope this helps.


Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-17T09:51:25+00:00

    Deleting "foreign pictures" did not work for me!! Danterner your fix is THE FIX!! Thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-10T07:39:15+00:00

    I have just had the same problem, whilst jail breaking my 3 g i was having trouble with my Iphone connecting to my windows 7 laptop so having a fiddle about in the settings and devices I came across  Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and there was Apple Mobile Device USB Driver under unspecified so decided to update my driver to no joy, troubleshooting but no joy so decided to uninstalled it with my Iphone still connected and removed the driver but not checking remove completely and when once removed i unplugged my iphone and reconnected it.

    After i had done this i right clicked the unspecified ( Iphone ) and troubleshoot had a yellow exclamation mark next to it so I set it off to troubleshoot and that gathered information about the device detecting problems.

    When this had finally finished scanning my Iphone started to vibrate and sprung in to life so again I double clicked on the device and again on hardware and double clicked Apple Mobile Device USB Driver for the properties and changing the settings and then pressing driver I updated it but was told after a short while the driver was up to date so again I had a look at the contents of the sub headings when double clicked on them but couldn't find anything.

    So again off I went in to properties and changed settings, asking for the driver to be uninstalled but not deleted and now I have to reboot my laptop so HERE GOES.... good luck.(:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-31T23:05:36+00:00

    Thanks for the tip. It was very helpful.  I have been wrestling with this for weeks until I used your advise.  It should not be this hard but not I am able to get pictures off my phone and save to my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T14:24:21+00:00

    Thanks yakfish2 !

    You resolve my long standing problem.

    It works following deletion of photos not taken with iPhone camera.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments