To Bud13: I am often baffled by the amount of tech/geek knowledge that Microsoft seems to believe that the majority of its customers are willing to learn & investigate, not to mention simply comprehend. I know sooo many folks that are at the lower ends
of the economic scale that can't afford the hideous cost of either an in store or at home repair service. I known a few who have simply given up on a computer, & when they are able to save enough money or come into enough money they simply buy a new computer
because the repair service cost is more than the new computer, or if there is still remaining capability on the laptop, tablet,desktop, or what have you, just use it until it goes down for good or they give it away or sell it to someone & just say to heck
with it I can live without this or that. I mean reading the various the various forums of companies like Microsoft, Skype, & a few others I can't think of at the moment, I read the lengthy explanations & statements of what they expect people to find & then
understand & compete & am just amazed. I mean you are clearly one of the "gurus", "tech gods", "magician", or "geniuses" who are somehow able to fathom the subtleties of windows & all of its related techno knowledge, & I applaud you for the time, effort, skill,
&/or combination thereof, that allows you to offer such profound & absolutely correct answers. But I have to admit, I really barely was able to comprehend what you had stated it was that I was to do, but I simply took you at your word & did each step & looked
for whatever it was that might be what you were referring to & "yep" each time I'd find something that correlated, & when all was said & done I had a service back that I'd been unable to fix by my normal pitiful assortment of "things" I do when I need to fix
something. Though I am finding the forums more & more help recently as maybe I've reached some threshold of basic rudimentary understanding of all "this stuff", but I am yet still amazed at what all it is that you must know to be able to give such good advice.
I apologize for the verbal excursiveness of my Reply & for the non-essential commentary. So let me just say now thank you so much, you are in fact a god.