[SOLVED] Windows 7 64 bit crashes constantly with games - APPCRASH - Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll

Anonymous
2010-02-01T06:47:05+00:00

Greetings,

I had Vista 64 and now upgraded to Windows 7 64bit.  80% of my games crash on load.

As other I have googled the shiznit out of this, it seems most people crash some time into a game, I crash without the thing loading at all.

My setup.

Processor Information:

Qx9770 (I run clocked and not clocked, all modes crash)

Asus Striker II Extreme motherboard

Windows Version:

    Windows 7 (64 bit)

Video Card:

    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

    DirectX Driver Name:  nvd3dum.dll

    Driver Version:  8.17.11.9562 (driver 195.62, I've also tried 196.xx)

    DirectX Driver Version:  8.17.11.9562

    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

    Number of Monitors:  2

    Number of Logical Video Cards:  2 (SLI and NO SLI, still crash)

    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1200

    Desktop Resolution: 3200 x 1200

Sound card:

    Audio device: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D

Memory:

    RAM:  4094 Mb

These games run off Steam mainly but also games not in steam crash.

Fallout 3

Halfllife 2

Ghostbusters

JadeEmpire

MassEffect

Mirror's Edge  various others.

Surprisingly Crysis works, Company of heroes also.

A typical crash brings up this window.

Problem signature:

  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

  Application Name:    Fallout3.exe

  Application Version:    1.7.0.3

  Application Timestamp:    4a40f18b

  Fault Module Name:    d3d9.dll

  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385

  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bd9a9

  Exception Code:    c0000005

  Exception Offset:    00004bc5

  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

  Locale ID:    3081

  Additional Information 1:    0a9e

  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

  Additional Information 3:    0a9e

  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-12T03:55:11+00:00

Hello Ericsz,

There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.

 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/appcrash-error-when-playing-some-games/dfc6f06c-a75f-4306-ac85-35dbbf8485a9?tm=1323661425093

LD

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-05-12T04:08:32+00:00

    I've had 64 problems to, been told (by nVidia)  it has to do with the nVidia drivers, I was using a GTX8800

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-28T20:39:21+00:00

    Hello,

    I think that I have found the answer to every ones problems with Windows 7 64 bit crashing.  I have battled the crashes for a year and swapped out all kinds of hardware-video cards, reinstalled windows several times and made sure all my drivers were up to date.  None of that fixed the issue. What FIXED my crashes is adding 2g more memory.  I had 4g of ram and windows 7 would crash playing game.  After upgrading my memory from 4 to 6g my computer has been ROCK solid.  Has not crash in over 2 weeks.  I talked to a software expert were I worked and he told me that 64bit will use more memory then the 32 bit.  

    I REALLY believe that this is the fix for most people based on all the research I have done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-14T15:11:40+00:00

    Hello

    Unfortunately, your fix didn't solve my problem of Win7 64bit crashing when playing many games.    My VelocityMicro gaming pc came with Win 7 64bit installed and 6g of ram.

    The crashes are a recent problem as games like Torchlight ran problem free until two months ago.   I've cleaned the registry, defragged, scanned the HD for errors, and changed msconfig startup so only windows os, virus software and my razor mouse driver load.   The games still crash.   My video driver (   NVidia GeForce GTX 295) is the latest.  

    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

    System Manufacturer: OEM

           System Model: OEM

                   BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

                 Memory: 6144MB RAM

    Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM

              Page File: 2325MB used, 9942MB available

            Windows Dir: C:\Windows

        DirectX Version: DirectX 11

    DX Setup Parameters: Not found

       User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

     System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

         DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

           Manufacturer: NVIDIA

              Chip type: NVxx

               DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

             Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05EB&SUBSYS_12953842&REV_A1

         Display Memory: 3684 MB

       Dedicated Memory: 873 MB

          Shared Memory: 2811 MB

           Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

           Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

          Monitor Model: SyncMaster

             Monitor Id: SAM04D4

            Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)

            Output Type: DVI

            Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

    Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5896 (English)

         Driver Version: 8.17.12.5896

            DDI Version: 10

           Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

      Driver Attributes: Final Retail

       Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 05:38:00, 12471400 bytes

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.   (I'm only semi-pc literate)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-01-14T18:14:06+00:00
    - System
    - Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Application Error <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    - EventID 1000 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
    Task 100 <br> --- --- ---
    Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
    - TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2011-01-14T18:05:41.000000000Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    EventRecordID 3537 <br> --- --- ---
    Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
    Computer Haroon-PC <br> --- --- ---
    Security <br> --- ---
    - EventData
    Cricket2009.exe
    1.0.0.1
    4a6036e2
    MSVCR80.dll
    8.0.50727.4927
    4a2752ff
    c0000005
    000172d7
    91c
    01cbb415a7d7ceef
    D:\Game Intalled\Cycle gam\Cricket2009.exe
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5\MSVCR80.dll
    e5913ae8-2008-11e0-a194-001cc0b8cd8a

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments