Hello Ericsz,
There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.
LD
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Greetings,
I had Vista 64 and now upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. 80% of my games crash on load.
As other I have googled the shiznit out of this, it seems most people crash some time into a game, I crash without the thing loading at all.
My setup.
Processor Information:
Qx9770 (I run clocked and not clocked, all modes crash)
Asus Striker II Extreme motherboard
Windows Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562 (driver 195.62, I've also tried 196.xx)
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2 (SLI and NO SLI, still crash)
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Desktop Resolution: 3200 x 1200
Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D
Memory:
RAM: 4094 Mb
These games run off Steam mainly but also games not in steam crash.
Fallout 3
Halfllife 2
Ghostbusters
JadeEmpire
MassEffect
Mirror's Edge various others.
Surprisingly Crysis works, Company of heroes also.
A typical crash brings up this window.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Fallout3.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.3
Application Timestamp: 4a40f18b
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004bc5
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Any suggestions?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello Ericsz,
There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.
LD
Eriksz,
When you upgraded to Windows 7 did you perform a normal install or did you do a custom (clean) install? Here is a couple things to try.
Perform a Clean Boot to just make sure nothing else is getting in the way.
Create a new user and install one of the games on that user and test.
Run the System File Checker and Disk Error Check
Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Greetings, I did an upgraded install, it was not a clean install, I did not format the drive etc....
I'll try those steps out, thankyou.
Well well well.. Mike, thankyou for pointing in the right direction with regards to trouble shooting this. It turns out, after doing a clean boot, it wasn't any of the services but one of the startup items . After disbaling groups of startup applications and restarting narrowed it down.
EVGA Precision and it's Wrappers cause DirectX9 to fail on windows 7. Well at least on my installation. Now everything works, i.e. all DX9 games.
Thanks Mike.
I am still having this problem and I am not using EVGA precision.
Clean boot didn't help either. I disabled EVERYthing except core
Microsoft services that cannot be disabled, and the problem still happens.
I also tried reinstalling DX9 but couldn't because Windows 7 already comes with DX11,
which can't be uninstalled. This is still in
d3d9.dll appcrash c0000005
| Colonization.exe |
|---|
| 1.0.0.1 |
|---|
| 49a88196 |
|---|
| D3D9.DLL |
|---|
| 6.1.7600.16385 |
|---|
| 4a5bd9a9 |
|---|
| c0000005 |
|---|
| 0018e6f1 |
|---|
| 928 |
|---|
| 01caf0031ed0a600 |
|---|
| C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Colonization.exe |
|---|
| C:\Windows\system32\D3D9.DLL |
|---|
| 6e573605-5bf6-11df-8d38-001d7da2e2ba |
|---|