- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off
Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.
I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.
See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC
But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?
All answers appreciated, Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2010-07-14T04:40:38+00:00 I'd run into this exact problem but I got it fixed with this thread.
I have a Wacom Intuos3 and I bought a new computer with Windows 7.
First I followed Loganbacca's advice and downloaded all the new updated drivers that were on the Wacom website. (That means ALL of them, not just the newest.) If anyone doesn't have a tablet distributed by Wacom, you can probably still visit the manufacturer's website and see if they offer updated downloads for drivers. After I downloaded the drivers it was "less" laggy, but still lagged due to the ripple animation in applications such as "Paintchat" and other java art applications.
Then I followed Brian Duff 's advice and the ripple effect was gone and so was the rest of the lag. Problem fixed.
Thanks for all the help guys! I hope that the steps I followed can help others, too.
-
Anonymous
2010-07-31T04:26:13+00:00 be aware that stopping tablet pc input service BREAKS silverlight......
-
Anonymous
2010-08-03T20:54:12+00:00 Yeah... you're right, ushere. Silverlight plug-in crashes on every browser for me. test here:http://webapps.atalasoft.com/silverlightdemo/
I have a different problem with the tablet now: Photoshop CS5 doesn't recognize that my Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch is a pressure-sensitive tablet. When I check off "Shape Dynamics", there's an exclamation mark next to "Pen Pressure" when I select it in the drop-down, meaning I don't have a pressure-sensitive tablet. When I try drawing anywhere else in a Windows 7 drawing place, though, it is pressure-sensitive (Snipping Tool, etc)
Any ideas, smart people?