Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off

Anonymous
2009-09-30T06:50:11+00:00

Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.

I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC

But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?

All answers appreciated, Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-29T20:50:22+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-30T08:47:27+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-21T14:47:21+00:00

    The splash circles stopped when turning them off in the policy editor (as mentioned above by w_i_b), but I had to use the registry editor to turn off the key press feedback.  I still have issues with programs stopping and Windows shows that annoying dialog box to search for a solution....it never finds one...why do they even have that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-11-21T22:46:50+00:00

    jdThose stupid terribly annoying circles did cost me a fu***** whole afternoon. Turning off the Tablet Service didnt help. They were gone for a moment, but as soon as i installed the Wacom Drivers, they were back, even if the service was still turned off. Changing the Registry Keys didnt help neither.

    Now I think, i finally got rid off them, i hope at least.

    I did turn off the wiptis.exe wich can be found under Windows\system32 .. and i renamed it to wiptis.exe_ so it doesnt get started again. That makes the trick for me, so far...

    I was about to spend an entire evening trying to figure out how to turn this unfinished feature off until I found your post. Only question I have is did you mean the wisptis.exe (File Description: Microsoft Pen and Touch Input Component)? I'm deleting important files so I don't want to delete the wrong program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-11-23T20:37:51+00:00

    I was about to spend an entire evening trying to figure out how to turn this unfinished feature off until I found your post. Only question I have is did you mean the wisptis.exe (File Description: Microsoft Pen and Touch Input Component)? I'm deleting important files so I don't want to delete the wrong program.

    That's exactly why I posted here. The Wisptis.exe wasn't mentioned anywhere else on the various forums i searched, so I wanted to help everyone who's tryin to figure that problem out.

    Exactly, it's the wisptis.exe in the windows\system32 folder. I stopped the service and changed the name, so it doesnt get started again, if there would be any problem, i could change the name to its original again, but till now everything is working fine and the file is not being missed by any program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments