- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off
Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.
I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.
See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC
But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?
All answers appreciated, Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2011-09-03T20:46:14+00:00 Thank you.
Holy s***, thank you.
What a hassle.
-
Anonymous
2011-10-27T18:35:32+00:00 Thanks, Restroom. I was looking for a way to only turn off the Flicksmessage box that comes up when using a touch screen with Windows 7. Did not want to turn off all the other touch functionality. Needed a solution that I can make part of an image that will be deployed to 100s of systems. Your post helped me find the right registry key and values. Much appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2011-11-10T16:46:55+00:00 gpedit is not included with some Windows 7 versions, in which case the registry will need to be modified directly.