- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off
Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.
I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.
See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC
But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?
All answers appreciated, Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
- Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
- Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.
Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2010-11-12T12:11:00+00:00 You are a genius. Worked a treat. Thanks
-
Anonymous
2010-11-12T12:11:12+00:00 You are a genius. Worked a treat. Thanks
-
Anonymous
2010-11-15T15:48:55+00:00 I had this problem and it was annoying me after installing Windows 7. There really should be an easier way to turn it off than to go thru all the trouble.
So this is what I've been using (and apparently what people did for Vista as well)
**Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Scroll down toTablet PC Input Service (Not TabletServiceWacom) -> Stop Service.**It fixes the problem with the splashes and lets you keep the functions of the pen enabled. Personally, it's alot easier than running the Group Policy Editor or surgically editing the Registry.
Since I didn't see it posted here, I figured I'd add to the solutions. Hopefully it will be more agreeable to people in how to turn off the splashes.
Thank you SO much. This was driving me nuts. I picked up a little Bamboo for work to replace my mouse and all of the pen-context-sensitive animations and popups were making it really difficult to do simple things like select text in OneNote or resize tables in Excel. This has saved me so much time and frustration.