Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off

Anonymous
2009-09-30T06:50:11+00:00

Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.

I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC

But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?

All answers appreciated, Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-29T20:50:22+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-30T08:47:27+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-07-01T19:58:18+00:00

    I got this new computer with 7, and I had a graphire4, but my aunt got me a bamboo pen+touch which of course I started using. And before, shutting off the Tablet PC Input Service did the trick, but it's not working for this one.

    So I tried the rest of these suggestions, I'm not entirely computer savvy... But run tells me gpedit.msc doesn't exist, and searching for "Pen and touch" doesn't come up with anything either... I did find this wispits.exe file. After investigating I figured out how to override the permissions. Right click>Properties>Security>Advanced>Owner>Edit> then change the owner to administrators. Exit properties, pull properties up again >Security>Edit and set administrator to full control. However, after doing all that, I changed the name... And it's still splashing.

    This is so frustrating, because I do a lot of paintchatting, which is VERY difficult with the splash on. I'll continue to investigate, but if anyone has the same tablet and fixed it, help would be awesome. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-28T23:26:37+00:00

    Heyo~

    I have a non-Wacom tablet too - an Aiptek HyperPen. Anywho, that happened with me as well, but I just unplugged my tablet and plugged itb ack and it was fine.

    Brian's tip helped me out in getting the animations off, but now my tablet doesn't seem to be responding as quickly... Woooohoo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-06-14T20:43:17+00:00

    i am still having problems with my tablet in windows 7 (x86)

    the tablet is a genius g-pen m712. i downloaded the most recent driver from geniusnet. when i have the tablet pc input service on, i have all the annoying visual feedback mentioned above. when i disable the service however i can't move my cursor with the pen. the odd thing is that the scroll/volume buttons are however still working. also, the first two seconds after start-up i was actually able to move the cursor. it's like something in windows is inhibiting the tablet to function properly.

    i used to be able to control it in windows vista (change to mouse mode, change sensitivity etc), but i am missing that control panel in win 7.

    i've been googling away all day and it's driving me MAD. any help is appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments