Dynamic Pen Feedback in Windows 7, can't turn off

Anonymous
2009-09-30T06:50:11+00:00

Okay, thank you microsoft for windows 7, it's fantastic, i love it, and intend on buying, but for now I'm having an annoying issue on the RC.

I have a wacom tablet, there was some driver issues at first but got everything hammered out, working perfectly the way i want it to except one thing. I primarily use the tablet for drawing, not handwritting, and the dynamic feedback annoys the ____ out of me. In case you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the water droplet like effects whenever your pen touches and in vista, you could easily turn it off under the pen and input devices options.

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-vista/Turn-visual-feedback-on-or-off-on-a-Tablet-PC

But what I thought would be an issue easily solved with a quick google search has now been bugging me for the last few hours. So, any ideas out there? I don't care if it's a registry hack, patch, or whatever, but you must be able to change it somehow, is there simply some options menu i was overlooking or missed?

All answers appreciated, Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-29T20:50:22+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-30T08:47:27+00:00
  1. Open Local Group Policy Editor: Run... gpedit.msc
  2. Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC - Cursor
  3. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting.

Thanks, I've been waiting for this for months! With the recent Wacom driver updates as well, I now how Windows 7 + Wacom working nicely. It don't understand why it isn't like it was in Vista still, which gave you more control over what feedback you wanted to see.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-02-03T08:39:58+00:00

    Naturally it can't run gpdeit.exe because the correct name for it is

    gpedit.msc.

    --

    Hey Roy!

    Thanks for your reply. I think i wrote the name of that programe incorrectly in my post. Anyway, copying exactly what you wrote my Windows still says no;(

    Any ideas why? Does this has something to do with the Windows Home edition? In my previous Win7 computer I could have find that file easily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-02-03T01:36:39+00:00

    On 2/2/2011 4:30 AM, Natalia Armata wrote:

    >

    > Hi All,

    >

    > I've just read all posts and tried all options. Unfortunately my

    > Windows7 Home edition still keep those extreamely annoying tablet

    > effects on.

    >

    > Anybody have any ideas what else I can do before I through my laptop

    > out the window....;(

    >

    > My computer can not run gpedit.exe ( says it does not exist) and there

    > is no wiptis.exe file to rename it.

    >

    Naturally it can't run gpdeit.exe because the correct name for it is

    gpedit.msc.

    --

    Roy Smith

    Windows 7 Professional

    Thunderbird 3.1.7

    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 7:36:35 PM

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-02-02T10:30:53+00:00

    Hi All,

    I've just read all posts and tried all options. Unfortunately my Windows7 Home edition still keep those extreamely annoying tablet effects on.

    Anybody have any ideas what else I can do before I through my laptop out the window....;(

    My computer can not run gpedit.exe ( says it does not exist) and there is no wiptis.exe file to rename it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments