Cursor jumps while typing in Windows7

Anonymous
2010-06-15T21:52:03+00:00

fix

cursor jumps while typing

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-16T15:05:44+00:00

Hi,

1. Does it happen with all the applications?

2. What is the type of mouse you are using? Is it wired or wireless?

3. Is it a laptop or desktop computer?

  1. What is the make and model number of the mouse?

Method 1:

I would suggest that you check if the mouse settings are correct.

  1. OpenMouse by clicking theStart button, clickingControl Panel, clickingHardware, and then clickingMouse .
  2. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:

Change mouse settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-mouse-settings

Method 2:

If this doesn’t help, then try booting the computer in safe mode and check if the same issue occurs, here is the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Method 3:

If it works fine in safe mode, then try performing clean boot and check if it helps, here is the link:

You can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows 7 by performing a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Make sure that you put back the computer to normal startup mode once it is done.

Method 4:

If you are using touchpad, try reducing the Touch Pad sensitivity and check if it helps.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and, if you have any feed backs you can post here.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T22:31:10+00:00

    Mine does the same . Using the touch pad on a lap top . The same thing happens on my mobile phone which also uses windows . I'd say there's some kind of bug in the code

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-31T17:39:42+00:00

    I have the same prob!  Touch freeze only worked for a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-31T17:09:49+00:00

    I have touchfreeze installed but suddenly my cursor started jumping again.  I have touchfreestarze in my -  ah - did you see the miat'sspelling?  That's the cupinrsor jumping while I'm typ  ing!!!!  Drivinyme insane.  I'm buying a different computer!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-24T05:05:33+00:00

    Not applicable to Windows 7, at least, could  not follow the steps.  However, I have resolved the problem.  I had my laptop in for servicing and it was restored to factory settings or some settings at least.  I called Dell as it was still under warranty and they helped me install another driver which eliminated the problem.  The tech said the wrong driver had been installed (By Dell, no less!).  I have had no problems since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments