Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849 "Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account"

Anonymous
2010-09-20T06:48:51+00:00

Original Title: Windows Live Mail Beta

I cannot receive or send mail always there is an error coming as under

Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account.

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-11-01T08:59:47+00:00

hi,

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

When i was having above problem, i changed the settings on Internet Explorer and it solved my problem.

Just try this:

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings,OK. 

Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings, OK.

Hope the above will help.  

Regards,

SNair

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-21T08:39:14+00:00

Hi wadhwap,

The issue you have posted will be better suited in Windows Live Solution Center. I would suggest you to post your query in Windows Live Solution Center for better support.

Windows Live Solution Center – Mail Portal

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards, Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our **Microsoft Answers Feedback**Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-14T13:54:44+00:00

    OK,I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ,I REISTALLED & ALL THAT BUT I GOT THE SAME MESSEGE..THEN IN THE ACCOUNTS SECTION OPEN EMAIL+ & TYPE YOUR EMAIL FOR THE LIVE ACCOUNT & PUT PRIMARY ACCOUNT & THE MESSEGE GOES AWAY..ADIOS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T03:35:52+00:00

    Original Title: Windows Live Mail Beta

    I cannot receive or send mail always there is an error coming as under

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account.

    Server Error: 0x80048849

    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

    I have the same exact error message and I have been trying to get my e-mails to work for some days. My message says:

    Unable to send or receive messages for the --------- account.

    Server Error: 0x80048849

    Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

    KenH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T13:13:43+00:00

    And again, we'll tell you that all Windows Live Mail questions should be posted in the forums here: http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments