Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849 "Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account"

Anonymous
2010-09-20T06:48:51+00:00

Original Title: Windows Live Mail Beta

I cannot receive or send mail always there is an error coming as under

Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account.

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-11-01T08:59:47+00:00

hi,

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

When i was having above problem, i changed the settings on Internet Explorer and it solved my problem.

Just try this:

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings,OK. 

Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings, OK.

Hope the above will help.  

Regards,

SNair

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-21T08:39:14+00:00

Hi wadhwap,

The issue you have posted will be better suited in Windows Live Solution Center. I would suggest you to post your query in Windows Live Solution Center for better support.

Windows Live Solution Center – Mail Portal

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards, Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our **Microsoft Answers Feedback**Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-10T07:34:16+00:00

    I have given up It was all workiking well two weeks ago, so from now on I am going to use my google account I have nothing but trouble with tis account I am thinking about deleting this account If I decide ever to use window live ever again, I would to keep my name the same.this windows live account has given me nothing but trouble, as I say to you again when I first did it all worked well then two weeks later it went to **** and I never changed a thing, because this lap top is brand new and now its only three weeks old. IAM NOT HAPPY WITH WINDOWS LIVE OR ANY OF ITS APPS as I dont give out any information about my self.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-09T17:51:20+00:00

    Follow the instructions posted by Sudhakaran Nair.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-09T12:26:46+00:00

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (dpcmc78) account.

    Server Error: 3202

    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005 how do I fix this as iam basic using computers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments