hey thanks dude
How to open backup files?? .nbu?
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there was anyway of opening the backup files from Nokia PC Suite which is the .nbu file? Such as any programs? I actually can't restore my calender entries onto my 6300 which was backed up from my 6230 using the latest PC Suite (/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=13590)
I'd ust like to read the calender entries so i can just manually type them into my phone.
Any help would be great!
thanks :D
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2010-01-25T13:43:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2009-11-23T23:08:52+00:00 For contacts.cdb recovery, please check the Noki .cdb recovery guide. .cdb can be converted to vCard and restored to the phone.
-
Anonymous
2009-11-23T22:01:53+00:00 johanhudik : you can try new version of NbuExplorer (1.8). It should be capable of extracting file C:\System\Data\Contacts.cdb ...it is the file with contacts, but its internal format is still not easy to understand :( New version also tries to parse another nbu section with contacts (with output to log window only at this time), but I am afraid this section will probably not be present in backups from symbian phones. Anyway you can try...
-
Anonymous
2009-11-09T01:53:59+00:00 Great JOB !!!
I was searching for this tool from a long time...
Thanks once AGAIN. !!!
-
Anonymous
2009-10-26T08:47:48+00:00 Realy great program but it dosent work for me on a nbu file from nokia N80, cant read the contacts. but works great on 5310X-press nbu file.. they are made by the same pc suite backup.
Sorry for my bad english.
Johan