When are you going to fix the overheating Microsoft Wireless Mouse Nano receiver?

Anonymous
2010-03-06T08:15:47+00:00

I bought a Microsoft wireless mouse 4000 a month ago. Yesterday it's receiver died on me. I suspect short circuit. After some research, I've realized that I was not alone with this problem, it could be a serial fault.

Once the question appeared on the forum before (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/727a8f10-4aaf-4f1e-bea1-3a73f7e62cf9) but the issue was quickly dismissed.

I bought the thing whole on a trip in Europe and can't have it replaced. Thus the question is, whether to trust Microsoft for the second time and buy the same mouse again, or opt for something else? I need a mouse that works on rough surfaces. But as of now, I may need to overcome my liking for the device and opt for Logitech's Anywhere, unless you reassure me that you will have the transceiver replaced soon.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-04T01:38:24+00:00

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000

Microsoft Replacement phone#: 800-933-4750.  Product ID = D5D-00001.  Have your 4000 mouse handy when you call them.  They will need the Product ID (PID) from the bottom.

They will replace yours for free .  Replacements carry a 3 yr warranty.  You must keep the PID of the original mouse for the replacement warranty.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-11T10:38:54+00:00

    Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000

    Microsoft Replacement phone#: 800-933-4750.  Product ID = D5D-00001.  Have your 4000 mouse handy when you call them.  They will need the Product ID (PID) from the bottom.

    They will replace yours for free .  Replacements carry a 3 yr warranty.  You must keep the PID of the original mouse for the replacement warranty.

    I am not from US. how can i get to the same team to help me get replacement in Singapore?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-27T23:36:38+00:00

    You're SO wrong!!  I'm now on my THIRD wireless bluetrack mouse in 18 months because of the transceivers getting so hot they fry.  I took the first one back to Staples, and the manager gave me some grief over it until I told him to plug it into a usb port on one of their laptops and wait no more than 5 seconds.  He did, and it burned his fingers so fast he dropped the thing!   Evidently you've been fortunate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-24T09:42:54+00:00

    Me too, Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 model 1383, I got a replacement the first time after a couple of months, then the second one burned again like in one month.

    Microsoft I'm dissapoint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T15:33:53+00:00

    Add me to the list of overheated 4000 transceivers.  Mine lasted for over a year and with two different computers, never had a problem.  Turned the notebook on this morning, and it reported a failed driver.  Went to remove the dongle, and it was nice and toasty.

    I'm going to switch to a Logitech mouse - I've always had great luck with their peripherals (have had a gaming keyboard mouse combo of theirs for over half a decade now, and they're still updating the drivers for them), and too many people are still reporting faulty Microsoft mice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments