How to Fix windows 7 random disconnection for 32bits and 64 bits.

Anonymous
2009-11-02T01:35:13+00:00

How to Fix windows 7 random disconnection for 32bits and 64 bits.

Symptom: The Default gateway is not aviable.

Well this was my trouble until i manage to fix it now my connection work just like when i was in vista.

Note: my ethernet card is: NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP it should work with the other nForce series.

Router: Yes i use a router but its not routers that cause this problem as if your router work in vista it would not be logical that it dont work anymore in windows 7... this problem is only drivers issue and not router.

Drivers i use in this guide: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_15.25.html

if you have update your network adapter driver with nvidia auto installer it wont work you must uninstall the drivers and use

the default drivers from windows 7.

1.When you have downloaded the drivers in my guide run the setup and when you see that the nvidia setup is ready to install the

drivers, cancel it you just need to start the setup so it can extract all the file to your hard drive, for me it is extracted to C:\NVIDIA

2A.Go in your C:\Windows\System32\drivers and look for the file nvm62x32.sys do a backup as we will need to replace this file.

2B. If you have windows 7 64bits in C:\Windows\System32\drivers look for the filename nvm62x64.sys and do a backup.

Note: nvm62x32.sys is for windows 7 32bits if you use windows 7 64 bits the file name will be nvm62x64.sys

3.Now that you have done a backup of your file its time to go look in the directory that Nvidia installer have create in your hard drive,

go in C:\NVIDIA\nForceWinVistaInt\15.25\Ethernet for 32bits os or C:\NVIDIA\nForceWinVista64Int\15.25\Ethernet for 64bits os, as you can see there you have a file also called nvm62x32.sys or nvm62x64.sys for windows 7 64 bits.

all you have to do is copy this file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and replace it after that just reboot your computer and you just fix

the annoying random disconnection.

IF it work for those who have try my guide please reply to the post so i can know i have help ppl out there.

Note: I did not try it with the new drivers from nvidia ( version 15.51 ) if you want to try give it a try.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T06:12:23+00:00

it may be another fix... but im not really sure as if i go check my receive side scaling is enabled and it didnt have any toruble with my internet connection it was the drivers that was doing something i dont really know but it disconnect people out with the following error when you do a repair "The Default gateway is not aviable"

by installing the 15.25 it fix that issue for me and maybe a couple of people that didnt reply to my post to let me know... but your fix may be a solution for windows 7 64bit and my fix only apply to 32bit maybe... i cannot rely tell you if im right because i do not use windows 7 64bit =)

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-12-26T16:48:22+00:00

    I am having the exact problem and followed your directions up to the point:

    "go in C:\NVIDIA\nForceWinVistaInt\15.25\Ethernet as you can see there you have a file also called nvm62x32.sys or nvm62x64.sys for windows 7 64 bits."

    The ethernet folder is there, but no nvm62*.sys files. The only .sys file in that folder is nvmfdx32.sys.

    Where did I go wrong?

    I am rnning 64 bit Win 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-12-15T07:06:48+00:00

    You are a GOD among men!

     I've been struggling with this horrible bug/driver issue since I upgraded to windows 7. Anyone that says this does not work has done the instructions incorrectly!

    The posted drivers DO work! Do not attempt his instructions with the newest win 7 drivers as you will end up back at square one....

    I assume the forums are not flooded with this issue as it seems to be a related to the nforce 570 drivers for windows 7. This is definitely not router related as previously stated. I have been able to duplicate the same results with separate routers!

    Save yourself time/money and continued headaches! Props to you Doomerz!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-12-02T18:17:22+00:00

    Ugh... I tried your solution but my Local Area Connection is still disconnecting. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and I have a nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard. I've tried the 15.51 drivers. I even noticed that the nvm62x64.sys file after using the installer was older then the file located in the "NVIDA" folder so i tried using that one.  So here's what’s happening, at random times my internet goes out. I can hear it coming… my iTunes starts to hiccup and stutter. Then I get the error in my system tray under network that I have no connection.  So I open the “Network and Sharing Center” and see this.

    !\[\](http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/quezan/network_sharing_center.jpg)

    After clicking the warning symbol I get the “Windows Network Diagnostics” windows that runs a series of test and decides the is should  “Reset the “Local Area Connection” adapter …” After that I get this report.

    Windows Network Diagnostic

    Issues found

    The default gateway is not available                                                        Fixed

      Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapter                                             Completed

      Investigate router or broadband modem issues                                        Not Run

    Issues Found

    < The default gateway is not available                                          Fixed

    The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet. A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway.

    Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapterCompleted

    This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem.

    Investigate router or broadband modem issues                              Not Run

    If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator. Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. After all the lights on the device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device on or plug it back into the power outlet. To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset button.

    Detection details

    Details about network adapter diagnosis: Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information:

    Description . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet

    Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA

    Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft

    Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.0.1.211

    Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\netnvm64.inf

    Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Monday, July 13, 2009 8:37:30

    PM Section Name . . . . . . . . . : NVENET55.NDI

    Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10de&dev_0373

    Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a

    Device Manager Status Code . . : 0

    IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6

    Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

    Thanks for any help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-11-21T12:55:15+00:00

    I instead decided to go with the new nvidia drivers (15.51) for an nforce 750 sli amd board since that had not been tried to see what happens. So far this also seems to work. No disconnects over the past week since doing this. I used Skype as the test as it seemed to make the disconnects happen consistantly in a few minutes of video conferencing. Looks like two possible solutions depending on individual situations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments