Ok I think I got it working. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
I uninstalled Adobe Ifilter 5.0 that I installed earlier. I uninstalled Foxit PDF ifliter ver.1 .0.0.32??. I did this:
1. Open Indexing Options by clicking theStart button, and then clickingControl Panel. In the search box, typeindexing options, and then clickIndexing Options.
2. ClickAdvanced. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. In theAdvanced Options dialog box, click the File Types tab.
4. Uncheck the boxes beside PDF and PDFXML.
- Check the Index Encrypted files on the Index Settings tab.
- Click OK. Rebuild the index.
- Download the Adobe 64 bit Ifilter from herehttp://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4025 .
- After indexing is complete. Install the new 64 bit Ifilter.
9. Repeat steps 1, 2, & 3 but this time check on the PDF and PDFXML boxes and on the box next to Index properties and content.
10. Rebuild the index again.