Blue Double Arrows

Anonymous
2010-03-10T14:16:08+00:00

What are the blue double arrows that sometimes appear on my desktop icons and pictures and how can I get rid of them?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-10T15:05:51+00:00

Do you have Norton 360 or some other Norton security suite?   If so, that's why.  The double blue icons means there are files that haven't been backed up. It can be turned off.  Go to Norton 360 http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/dtree.jsp?pvid= and learn how to turn it off, reboot and they will be gone.  For anyone that does have Norton 360, if you kept it turned on, when you backed up the files, the icon would turn a solid green arrow instead of the 2 blue arrows.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!


Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T12:52:29+00:00

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/mysterious-blue-double-arrows-added-to-windows/fad079c4-6498-4543-b4ec-b547a2bd00eb?page=3

    check my post

    I appreciate the post and I do know you can tweak the registry.  I'd honestly prefer not to do that...I'd like the actual problem to be resolved..hopefully it will be in a new patch or something.

    double blue arrows mean my folders and files are compressed, that's what they are on my windows 10 pc.  I removed them by unchecking the compress option under properties.  Warning, it took hours for a couple of folders that contained at least a GB of data and I have an intel i5 processor with an 8gb ram.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T12:42:40+00:00

    So to stop this from happening you need to disable OneDrive, its a backup feature. Green indicates the file has been backed up to One Drive, blue has not yet been backed up.

    This was my conclusion after i first posted about it. Maybe not the same for others. You can also select which folders to be backed up when you initially set up One Drive.

    This is not one drive...I do not have it signed in or in use in any way...So I think your icons may be different than what you're referring to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T12:35:52+00:00

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/mysterious-blue-double-arrows-added-to-windows/fad079c4-6498-4543-b4ec-b547a2bd00eb?page=3

    check my post

    I appreciate the post and I do know you can tweak the registry.  I'd honestly prefer not to do that...I'd like the actual problem to be resolved..hopefully it will be in a new patch or something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-24T21:58:41+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments