Blue Double Arrows

Anonymous
2010-03-10T14:16:08+00:00

What are the blue double arrows that sometimes appear on my desktop icons and pictures and how can I get rid of them?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-10T15:05:51+00:00

Do you have Norton 360 or some other Norton security suite?   If so, that's why.  The double blue icons means there are files that haven't been backed up. It can be turned off.  Go to Norton 360 http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/dtree.jsp?pvid= and learn how to turn it off, reboot and they will be gone.  For anyone that does have Norton 360, if you kept it turned on, when you backed up the files, the icon would turn a solid green arrow instead of the 2 blue arrows.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!


Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-10T14:34:24+00:00

    Only way to wake these people up is to vote with our feet.

    Apple will be my next upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-22T00:23:55+00:00

    This "deselect the compression option" is not valid...the blue arrows are on icons that are NOT compressed...the compression option isn't even checked. ...yet the annoying blue arrows still display

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-08T15:57:16+00:00

    The Blue arrows still show up after doing this and I have no norton software installed on my computer. What do I do now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-25T12:57:16+00:00

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/mysterious-blue-double-arrows-added-to-windows/fad079c4-6498-4543-b4ec-b547a2bd00eb?page=3

    check my post

    I appreciate the post and I do know you can tweak the registry.  I'd honestly prefer not to do that...I'd like the actual problem to be resolved..hopefully it will be in a new patch or something.

    double blue arrows mean my folders and files are compressed, that's what they are on my windows 10 pc.  I removed them by unchecking the compress option under properties.  Warning, it took hours for a couple of folders that contained at least a GB of data and I have an intel i5 processor with an 8gb ram.

    THat sounds right.  What's odd though is the icons that have the blue double arrows for me...aren't compressed..I don't have anything selected for compression..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments