Blue Double Arrows

Anonymous
2010-03-10T14:16:08+00:00

What are the blue double arrows that sometimes appear on my desktop icons and pictures and how can I get rid of them?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-10T15:05:51+00:00

Do you have Norton 360 or some other Norton security suite?   If so, that's why.  The double blue icons means there are files that haven't been backed up. It can be turned off.  Go to Norton 360 http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/dtree.jsp?pvid= and learn how to turn it off, reboot and they will be gone.  For anyone that does have Norton 360, if you kept it turned on, when you backed up the files, the icon would turn a solid green arrow instead of the 2 blue arrows.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!


Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-12T05:54:25+00:00

    This worked for me...

    Try this - Go into Settings (upper-right corner of your Norton product's main interface)...

    Un-check the "Backup Status Overlays" option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-26T22:59:31+00:00

    Regarding deselecting compression:  That has to be one of the poorest solutions I've ever read on Microsoft Community.  It's not even a solution.  People will unknowingly follow these instructions and open a can of worms.  Don't post anymore, Gil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-05T22:04:34+00:00

    This was exactly what it was in my case. I do not have Norton on my device, so the Norton fix was not applicable to me.

    I went to one file showing these arrows, and found that the file had this box checked(Was compressed). 

    As I have a device with only 100G, and that I now know it is not is syncing issue, I used this feature to compress a lot of content and increase performance a little on this device.

    Thank you Gil Gerretsen!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-29T15:27:11+00:00

    This was so easy and worked perfectly.  Thank You !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments