Compatibility Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 vs. Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-01-02T14:00:35+00:00

I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly. 

And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.

BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:

**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.

I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T01:14:55+00:00

All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.

If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%202004%3a%20A%20Century%20of%20Flight&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=flight%20simulator%202004&os=32-bit

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-17T17:10:30+00:00

    Chip - Sorry, these sites didn't appear on this forum as simple to use links! Here is another Microsoft site which will explain how the compatibility mode works. The first site above, I couldn't get it to work, so let's hope this one will!

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-17T17:12:56+00:00

    I went to "Windows Virtual PC and it is making me install "updates".  But nowhere can I find the XP Compatability thingy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-17T17:26:20+00:00

    I get :

    To download and install Windows XP Mode

    1. Go to the Windows XP Mode page in Download Center.
    2. Under Quick Details, select your language.
    3. Click Continue and follow the instructions on the screen to validate your copy of Windows 7.
    4. Select a version of Windows XP Mode to install and click Install. Note: Windows XPMode_N versions don't include Windows Media Player.
    5. Click Run in your browser's message bar, and follow the instructions on the screen.
    6. When setup is completed, click Finish.

    But I can't find "Quick Details"

    And the other links bring me to the page that makes me download the updates, which I just did.

    Are we having fun yet....LOL?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-17T17:35:15+00:00

    Woo-Hoo!

    I somehow got it to work.

    The XP exe file is downloading "as we speak".

    I'll let you know how it all works out.

    THANKS again!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments