Compatibility Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 vs. Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-01-02T14:00:35+00:00

I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly. 

And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.

BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:

**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.

I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T01:14:55+00:00

All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.

If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%202004%3a%20A%20Century%20of%20Flight&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=flight%20simulator%202004&os=32-bit

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T05:06:27+00:00

    Crystal - I too haven't used my FS2004 in awhile and tried this evening to use it and could not get it to open from the desktop shortcut. I uninstalled the program, re-installed it and when trying to open, program said access denied, "Please login with Administrator Privileges" Could not figure out how I do that, so I googled the error message and low and behold, there were instructions to delete Microsoft updates KB2919355 and KB3086255. Apparently these two updates will keep older programs purchased by retail from loading. Some think it is a plot by Microsoft which sounds a little far fetched, but I went into control panel, found my list of installed updates and could only find the KB3086255 which I deleted. My FS2004 loaded and I am flying again. Hope this works for you as well. Don't forget to load the FS 9.1 update to the program! - Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T13:55:27+00:00

    Thanks.

    I went into the windows explorer and searched for the updates and I didn't come up with any.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T14:25:16+00:00

    Chip - Sorry to hear that. Were you getting the error message about Administrator Priveleges? I was and my google search showed these two updates as the culprit. I only found one of them which I deleted and all is fine with the program. Hope someone comes along and will be able to help you and Chrystal! - Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T14:39:02+00:00

    I can't remember how it bombed.

    I will try loading it again this morning and will let you know if there are any messages.

    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments