All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
windows keeps telling me that my copy of fs2004 is the wrong build, what ever that is. this copy works fine on older xp laptop along with wwll carrier ops which i really enjoy. no fix from micro soft. apparently the original collectors version does work.
ok I have Vista on my laptop and followed the instructions open my computer and click on D where the disc is installed, open "to copy the file" right click on d3drm.dll then go back and install FMS then right click on start then open Win Explorer, in C find FMS under program open it on the right side of the box and right click and paste then you should be able to go to the desktop and open the game and finish setting up. I am a 62 year ol grandma and it worked for me
Now I have to figure out how to do it on Hubbies Win7 :( long night LOL
i have installed it and when i run it says insert fs2004 disc 4 and restart application. Any idea??
I had similar issues with FSX. It turned out to be related to updated controls installed by Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008. It seems later applications may install objects that can interfere with FSX and maybe the same is true for FS 2004. I did an uninstall of both Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 and the problem was fixed. Not much of a choice, had to move them to VM's for it all to work.
I would look at what additional software you have installed and see if it is possible that it might be causing the issue.