All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
Thanks.
I went into the windows explorer and searched for the updates and I didn't come up with any.
Crystal - I too haven't used my FS2004 in awhile and tried this evening to use it and could not get it to open from the desktop shortcut. I uninstalled the program, re-installed it and when trying to open, program said access denied, "Please login with Administrator Privileges" Could not figure out how I do that, so I googled the error message and low and behold, there were instructions to delete Microsoft updates KB2919355 and KB3086255. Apparently these two updates will keep older programs purchased by retail from loading. Some think it is a plot by Microsoft which sounds a little far fetched, but I went into control panel, found my list of installed updates and could only find the KB3086255 which I deleted. My FS2004 loaded and I am flying again. Hope this works for you as well. Don't forget to load the FS 9.1 update to the program! - Rick
Nope.
And I cannot even download and run Flight Simulator X.
I did however manage to download and run FlightGear.
Anybody ever get theirs fixed????
Mine (FS2004) has been running fine on my machine since I first put it on. I hadn't used it in a while and last night I tried to launch it and NO-GO. I have tried everything. Uninstalled/reinstalled, cleaned registry, checked setting, tried launching as admin, tried launching from both shortcut and direct from exe file. Last try I uninstalled/reinstalled and when the installation was complete you have the option to hit a "run" button. Nope, NADA!
Maybe it doesn't like my graphic card??? I think the last time I played was prior to my having to replace the graphics card. Current card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS.
Very frustrating.