All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
That's what i did.
First I loaded Virtual PC, then I downloaded ans installed XP Compatibility Mode.
From the XP desktop, I loaded the 4 CDs.
Then, when I try to run it, I get the message that FS can't run during a remote desktop session.
I am doomed...LOL
Chip - Here's the information I was originally going to send you. If you are going the route of virtual PC and Windows XP compatibility, Flight has to be installed in the XP compatibility environment, not your Windows 7 Ultimate environment. Don't know how you reloaded, but if you went the XP compatibility route, FS2004 should be loaded in that environment.
2.2 Windows XP Mode
If you have the Professional or Ultimate version of Windows 7 you can address any compatibility issues that you have with Windows XP programs by using the Windows XP Compatibility Mode feature.
The name of the feature actually under-sells what the feature does. Previous attempts by Microsoft to enable compatibility have functioned by making adjustments to the way the installed operating system handles a program, but went no further. The Windows XP Compatibility Mode, on the other hand, allows you to launch a full virtual machine running Windows XP.
Running the Windows XP Compatibility Mode opens a new window on your desktop that is running a full version of Windows XP. In effect, your computer is running two operating systems at once. This means that the compatibility offered through Windows XP mode is perfect. Any program that would run in Windows XP should run in Windows XP compatibility mode.
To use a program with XP mode, run the program’s installer within the virtual machine running Windows XP. Installation will proceed exactly as it would on a normal PC running Windows XP.
XP Mode consists of the Virtual PC-based virtual environment and a fully licensed copy of Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3). It will be made available, for free, to users of Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions via a download from the Microsoft web site. (That is, it will not be included in the box with Windows 7, but is considered an out-of-band update, like Windows Live Essentials.) XPM works much like today's Virtual PC products, but with one important exception: As with the enterprise-based MED-V (Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization) product, XPM does not require you to run the virtual environment as a separate Windows desktop. Instead, as you install applications inside the virtual XP environment, they are published to the host (Windows 7) OS as well. (With shortcuts placed in the Start Menu.) That way, users can run Windows XP-based applications (like IE 6) alongside Windows 7 applications under a single desktop.
Hope it helps you. For more information http://windows7.iyogi.net
Just curious, you do have Disk 4 in the drive when you are trying to open Flight Sim, correct?
Chip - If you want it badly enough, you need to hang in there, keep chipping away it, you will get it!
Easy for me to say, mine ended up easy with only deleting a windows update! Just a try, but try right clicking the Flight Sim short cut, properties and then compatibility, check the Windows 7 compatible mode and see if it still gives you the same message. Something's got to work!