All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
I have the same problem, but Im done, I dont go to loock nothing more, the problems ,is that flight simulator 9 is not compartibility with windows 7,
First of all, after installing any application or game, you should defragment your drive. This can resolve many issues with games not working correctly. I remember the first couple times playing GTA IV, it would crash after five minutes. I defragged my drive and it never crashed after that. To defrag your drive, type defragment in the start menu search box. Click defragment your hard drive . If you have a third-party program (Perfectdisk, Diskeeper) then use that instead. If after defragging your drive FS 2004 still crashes, try this:
Right click on the game shortcut and select properties . In the new window that opens, select the tab named compatibility . Under Run this program in compatibility mode , tick the box and in the drop-down box, select the version of Windows that the game operated correctly on (ex: If it worked on Windows XP SP3, select Windows XP SP3). Then at the bottom, tick the box that says Run as an administrator .
Let me know if it works.
I followed your advice to the letter and it will not open after I click on the game shortcut. I have a pc running windows 7. I have windows 10 on my laptop and it won't run on it either.
Thanks
Nolan
That's exactly what I have been doing.
But yesterday, since my computer was doing weird things, (continuously freezing), I removed the XP Mode and re-installed the program min W7.
Maybe one day I will find a solution to make it work again in W7 like it used to.
Thanks for your perseverance....
Chip - I wish I knew more about this XP Compatibility Mode, so I am learning as you go! Here is some instructions I found which might help. In them it says to load the programs in the XP Compatibility mode, but then says to get out of that and go back into Windows 7 and then proceed to instruction #4. Is this how you were trying to open the program? Don't forget to have Disc #4 in your drive! You are not doomed yet!
To install and use a program in Windows XP Mode In Windows 7, click the Start button , click All Programs, click Windows Virtual PC, and then click Windows XP Mode. In Windows XP Mode, insert the program's installation disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive; or browse to the program's installation file, open the file, and follow the instructions to install the program. XP Mode" class="embedObject" src="http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/windows%207/main/3dfb1e52-e53c-40d5-839a-0265ee71db29_0.jpg">Installing a program in Windows XP Mode Click the Close button at the top of the Windows XP Mode window.
#4 In Windows 7, click the Start button , click Windows Virtual PC, click Windows XP Mode Applications, and then click the program you want to open.
Note If the Windows XP Mode window is open when you try opening a program in Windows XP Mode from Windows 7, you'll be prompted to close the virtual machine. Be sure to save any data you want to keep in Windows XP Mode before closing it.
Looks like you are trying to open the program from the XP Compatibility when the above suggests, getting out of there, go into Windows 7 then Virtual PC, then chose your compatibility and then open program from there. Need to go thru Windows 7 and Virtual PC first!