Compatibility Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 vs. Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-01-02T14:00:35+00:00

I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly. 

And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.

BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:

**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.

I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T01:14:55+00:00

All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.

If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%202004%3a%20A%20Century%20of%20Flight&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=flight%20simulator%202004&os=32-bit

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-31T19:29:21+00:00

    And me too! I had exactly the same problem. I have two laptops tht are both under 3 months old, one with Vista Premium and another with windows 7, both acer high spec. On one (Win7) playing instructional videos crashes the game and in the other (Windows vista) it won't install past 77-78 % like another post above this one said. Can someoone at Microsoft tell s a way to fix this because I really want to learn to fly! Otherwise it will be a complete waste of money and make me wary of buyng Microsoft software in future when they say something is compatible when it actually isn't. My PC doesn't need defragmenting, it's new and with minimal use, there's nothing to defrag! Please please someone suggest a solution to this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-07-22T08:24:27+00:00

    Yes, we have the same problem and now have all these discs and nothing works. Thanks for highlighting this as we thought it was something we were doing wrong.I bought a new laptop, Windows 7 with enough graphics to play this and now I will need to buy a XP desk top computer and add on more graphics  for my son to play his simulator on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-16T01:36:35+00:00

    I have been trying to install FS2004 on my laptop with Windows7 and it gets to 77% and goes no farther, it tells me to retry or abort and the dvd drive starts clicking.  How do I fix this??

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more