Compatibility Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 vs. Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-01-02T14:00:35+00:00

I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly. 

And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.

BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:

**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.

I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T01:14:55+00:00

All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.

If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%202004%3a%20A%20Century%20of%20Flight&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=flight%20simulator%202004&os=32-bit

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-02-02T08:06:13+00:00

    ok I have Vista on my laptop and followed the instructions  open my computer and click on D where the disc is installed, open "to copy the file" right click on    d3drm.dll    then go back and install   FMS     then right click on start then open Win Explorer, in C find FMS under program open it on the right side of the box and right click and paste then you should be able to go to the desktop and open the game and finish setting up.  I am a 62 year ol grandma and it worked for me

    Now I have to figure out how to do it on Hubbies Win7  :(  long night LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-01-06T15:40:13+00:00

    windows keeps telling me that my copy of fs2004 is the wrong build, what ever that is. this copy works fine on older xp laptop along with wwll carrier ops which i really enjoy. no fix from micro soft. apparently the original collectors version does work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-06T15:34:19+00:00

    windows keeps telling me that my copy of fs2004 is the wrong build and cannot load certain air craft.  but when i try to continue it closes down. no answer from microsoft that sells the game as games for windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-30T15:26:15+00:00

    Similar problem to that of Kees Piano at the head of this list, despite reading that FS2004 works fine under Windows 7; my system is also new - or al least completely reinstalled in the past few days - so I don't see that there's a problem that defragmenting should solve. I also appear to have had a problem loading a scenery directory [Tokyo] from the disk, but I clicked 'OK' to continue - in any case, that shouldn't prevent the game from playing (should it?). The game subsequently stopped just after the start of viewing the introductory flight. Has anyone managed to get to the bottom of this issue yet, please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments