Compatibility Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 vs. Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-01-02T14:00:35+00:00

I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly. 

And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.

BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:

**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.

I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-10T01:14:55+00:00

All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.

If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%202004%3a%20A%20Century%20of%20Flight&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=0&s=flight%20simulator%202004&os=32-bit

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-06-20T15:14:35+00:00

    Thx dude this really helped!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-11T07:57:26+00:00

    I have the same problem as some of you have. It installs and runs fine, but when I play the intro video, it crashes and a window comes up saying there's a problem. I suspected it may be because the new flash player is not compatible with the older game. So I uninstalled the flash player, and ran it in windows vista compatibility mode. Of course, the video was just a black screen with sound, but it didn't crash. So I think the solution is to install an older version of flash, but I am having trouble figuring that out, as the older flash players are probably not compatible with windows 7. How's that for a doosie....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-04-29T23:26:06+00:00

    I had similar issues with FSX. It turned out to be related to updated controls installed by Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008. It seems later applications may install objects that can interfere with FSX and maybe the same is true for FS 2004. I did an uninstall of both Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 and the problem was fixed. Not much of a choice, had to move them to VM's for it all to work.

    I would look at what additional software you have installed and see if it is possible that it might be causing the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-04-01T11:43:21+00:00

    i have installed it and when i run it says insert fs2004 disc 4 and restart application. Any idea??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments