All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
tried this also ...no go
Okay, guys, I found a good site for you (above) to maybe get the answers to your FS2004 problems, but haven't heard any hoorahs or such yet? Depending on what program, either FS2004 or FSX, make sure you submit your questions in the appropriate forum. The gurus on these forums are answering a lot of questions and it helps them in not having to sort out whether you are in the right forum or not! There is one guru that seems to know his flight sims and problem solving for each; his user name is RadarMan. He responds to many of the questions on both forums, so please be able to completely explain the problems you are having so he can adequately determine what might be the best solution for you! Good luck, I wish you well in getting in the air! - Rick
Juanitodel and Chip - Okay, here's a FS2004 (FS9) user forum, 202 pages. You might find something that will help? Good luck and keep us all posted! - Rick
Juanitodel - Sorry to hear none of the suggestions worked for you and Chip. I will tell you that Flight Simulator 9 is compatible with Windows 7. It worked on my previous computer, Windows 7 Home Premium and now on my Windows 7 Professional computer. I have just recently over the Christmas holidays, purchased and installed Flight Simulator X and the Windows 7 Professional seems to run it just fine! I have not installed the acceleration disk as I think I might just be borderline on expecting this computer to run it. It works and I am not going to push it!
I wish someone that is computer savy and very knowledgeable with Microsoft Flight Simulator would be able to help you. I am just an end user and know just enough about computers to be dangerous. I found a Microsoft Flight Sim X forum and it had 63 pages of help needed questions. Let me do some searching to see if I can find a forum directly associated to Flight Sim 9. In the meantime, don't give up just yet, these are two very entertaining programs which can be enjoyed by anyone who has an interest in flying!