All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed MS Flight Simulator in Windows 7. The installation went smoothly.
And I could start MS Flight Simulator up till the Homepage appeared.
BUT: when opening "videoparts" (i.e. the instruction at the start, parts of MS FS with moving pictures) the programme closed and a message said:
**"A problem has occurred. The programme doesnt work well anymore. The programme will be closed."**I tried to find if anything was wrong with the compatibility. But everyhting seems fine.
I hope someone can help me with my favourite game-programme.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can think of now is to update your video drivers.
If it still doesn't work, then unfortunately it's something wrong with your computer because it states here that FS2004 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
That`s what i had done. The only choice I vae is Windows 7, not WIndows 7 Ultimate. But, nevertheless, same esult.
I guess I`ll have to uninstall it again.
Thanks for your help
Chip - I should have asked earlier, which version of Windows are your running? Is it the same version that once ran before? You mention "incompatible application detected," try Vietazn suggestion on page 2. Right click the FS2004 shortcut, and then click Properties, then click compatibility mode and from the next window, chose the Windows version it last operated on. In my case, it worked fine on a Windows 7 computer, but that computer crashed and I purchased a new computer running Windows 7 Professional and was getting unexpected failures. I read VietAzn's suggestion, clicked Windows 7 and everything worked fine again. Just another suggestion for you to try. May not work, but it is worth a try! - Rick
I re-loaded it ...again...and when trying to run it, the desktop blinks a couple of times and then ...poof...nothing.
I ran the troubleshooter and I was told "incompatible application detected"
I can't remember how it bombed.
I will try loading it again this morning and will let you know if there are any messages.
Thanks again.