Mass Storage Controller has no driver, windows update can't find a driver.

Anonymous
2009-11-02T12:05:20+00:00

After doing a full installation of Windows 7 professional 64-bit onto a laptop previously with Windows XP MCE 2005 there is a problem with a piece of hardware. In device manager the details are as follows:

Mass Storage Controller

Device type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

Location: PCI bus 6, device 7, function 2

Device status:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I have tried windows update and it cannot find a driver.

I am happy to provide any further information required and I appreciate any help offered.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-15T21:53:37+00:00

Vista driver for Clevo M570U :

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/M57xU/OTHERS/CardReader_V.zip

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows


If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-13T13:02:59+00:00

The link does work, but it's hosted on a slow FTP server so it's probably haphazard.

I'm mirroring it to make it easier to get hold of:

http://download.xanderx.com/software/windows/driver/CardReader_V.zip

As a side note, I didn't need to use any compatibility settings to install the driver.  Just run it and it seems to work out fine.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-20T01:09:48+00:00

    It turns out that this device ID PCI\VEN_104&DEV_803B is a Texas Instruments card reader device. You can find drivers at the clevo.com.tw website under M57xU laptops, the windows vistax64 seems to work for Windows 7 x 64

    this link:

    In the device manager it falls under" "memory Technology driver"

    TI PCIxx12 int flash media controller

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T04:31:53+00:00

    I have a VAIO VGN-FZ140E with Seven x64 and this driver worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-21T17:27:44+00:00

    The link does work, but it's hosted on a slow FTP server so it's probably haphazard.

    I'm mirroring it to make it easier to get hold of:

    http://download.xanderx.com/software/windows/driver/CardReader_V.zip

    As a side note, I didn't need to use any compatibility settings to install the driver.  Just run it and it seems to work out fine.

    Good luck!

    A world of thanks for you. I am so happyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments