Windows Vista Blue Screen 0x0000116 nvlddmkm.sys

Anonymous
2008-12-25T10:53:44+00:00

**Original Title**nvlddmkm.sys causes BSOD

Hi,

I can't start Vista since a week or so. Just before the login screen should apear, it crashes into a BSOD, reporting that the problem is the nvlddmkm.sys driver.

I've been checking the Internet for days now (a lot of forums), and it seems to be a "common" problem, occuring with all kinds hardware and software configurations. I've tried just about everything to fix it, but nothing seems to work.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Maarten

Compaq Presario SR1909, gForce 7600GS, Vista Home Premium.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-01-15T16:20:42+00:00

Hi Maarte61,

  Sorry to your having so much trouble. Since your having the same issue even when the driver was rolled back, it leads me to believe even more so, that it could be card itself. You might try contacting the cards manufacturer. We could rule this out though, if you have another video card we can try. Do you have one you could test?

Thanks again,


Jason

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-01-12T13:20:21+00:00

Hi Maarte61,

 Unfortunately, my guess would be the driver or the card itself. Since it worked fine for while, then just stopped. My best guess would be the card's the issue. Can you cancel the driver install when you get to normal mode? If so, I would try canceling it and downloading the new driver. Or if your in "Safe mode with networking" I'd go ahead and download them them and have them ready. So if you can cancel, you wouldn't have to go download them. Let us know and thanks again for posting.

Thanks,


Jason

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-16T19:19:16+00:00

    so do you know what piece of h/w it was?  i am wondering if my problem is the same. i just dont know what. I know my error details show something about not enough nonpaging file ram or something in the BCP3. i guess i was told there is a memory leak or something. I am running 7 home premium x64 with only 4g ram. I had vista but changed it to 7 to see if that would help. i do know when i play games, i hear a revving sound in my laptop. itll rev up and then stop consistently. i guess that is my hd, but i am not sure. i just want to put this to rest.

    ·        BCCode: 116

    BCP1: FFFFFA8003E65390

    BCP2: FFFFF88004161028

    BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A

    BCP4: 0000000000000004

    OS Version: 6_1_7600

    Service Pack: 0_0

    Product: 768_1

    Bucket ID: X64_0x116_TdrBCR:4:C000009A_Tdr:2_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

    Server information: 8688f580-f5fb-40ed-88f1-8248192409f6

    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

    Locale ID: 1033

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-01-27T02:51:08+00:00

    Wow, I can't I getting in on the worlds longest post. Anyways, I've been having the same problem with my Dell 530 Desktop with 3 GB Ram and 2.4 dual core, WD500GBHD. I've been doing all the tricks with this thing and I have trouble doing one thing. I'm tring to disable my intergrated video in the Bios. When I go into set up I don't see the option or don't recognize it. But in the mean-time If you just delete or move to a usb drive the nvlddmkn.sys file, the computer starts fine in normal with compromised graphics of course. I've read in another post that there were these mother boards out there that this problem happened on. There was a fix where it was fine for XP but not Vista and vice versa. So I'm going to try and disable my intergrated graphics in Bios to see what happens. Does anyone know how to do this.

    TYIA,

    Marc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-27T10:11:11+00:00

    i had blue screen with error 116

    reason: wrong nvidia drivers

    effects: broken characters in bios, blue screen error 116 after win logo

    solution: reinstall video card drivers in safe mode with net

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments