Stop 9F Driver Power State Failure

Anonymous
2010-03-03T22:10:47+00:00

I frequently get STOP 9F bugchecks after my system has been running for awhile and I attempt to put it to sleep or hibernate.

Below is the Bugcheck Analysis:

Can anyone help with this?

0: kd> !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************

*                                                                             *

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

*                                                                             *

*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa80048ec060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff800045fd518, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80043815f0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f78000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

STACK_TEXT: 

fffff800045fd4c8 fffff800030f6e23 : 000000000000009f 0000000000000003 fffffa80048ec060 fffff800045fd518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

fffff800045fd4d0 fffff80003093fa6 : fffff800045fd618 fffff800045fd618 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330

fffff800045fd570 fffff80003093326 : fffffa800959f168 fffffa800959f168 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66

fffff800045fd5e0 fffff80003093e7e : 000000b9fff258c5 fffff800045fdc58 00000000004e2373 fffff800032040e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6

fffff800045fdc30 fffff80003093697 : 00000030510838ce 00000030004e2373 00000030510838d4 0000000000000073 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be

fffff800045fdcd0 fffff800030906fa : fffff80003200e80 fffff8000320ec40 0000000000000001 fffff88000000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277

fffff800045fdd80 0000000000000000 : fffff800045fe000 fffff800045f8000 fffff800045fdd40 0000000000000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner


<Original title - STOP 9F Driver Power State Failure>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-27T12:54:41+00:00

I hve identified the problem, but unfortunately do not have a solution. The problem is indeed the dirver NETw5s64.sys.

see --> http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055 for additonal discussion of the problem Intel needs to update this driver.

If I connect using a wired connection, all works as it should. I can put the system to sleep and wake it up as it should work. However, if I connect using the wireless connection, after using it for some amount of time, the computer will not sleep. THe screen goes blank, disk activity continues for some time and eventually the system gets to STOP 9F.

This and other prblems with this driver and discussed in the above link!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-05-08T22:35:48+00:00

    I have the exact same problem, I get BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on PCI.SYS. I have a Lenovo T410. I have had this problem for months without finding any solution and finally I found this thread. Disabling all power saving options in the energy profile is working, thanks!

    Nice feature from Lenovo it seams.

    /Sidan77

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T06:17:05+00:00

    Did you get a solution or did it just keep coming back to 100% reliable without the WIFI?

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T12:07:31+00:00

    THere have been several updates to the driver since I last posted here. The current version that I am using is 13.2.0.30 installed from the Lenovo web site. I have looked at the readme files for each update and this problem is not listed as a fix. So, I am not sure if this problem has been addressed or not. I have been using my T510 mostly wired to the network, shich of course, works fine. Occasionally,  I have been using the wireless connection, but not generally for long periods of time. Recently, I have not noticed this problem so maybe it has been fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-02T22:39:25+00:00

    I have the exact same problem and I've had it ever since I got this laptop in May 2010.

    I have the Lenovo W510, and the same network card:

    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086&REV_35\4&3934E41C&0&00E1: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

    I can provoke the issue if my system has been running for a while and have lots of traffic going on the wireless.

    I have all updates and drivers installed (Drivers from Lenovo) and am still experiencing this problem.

    Disabling the wireless device, and enabling it fixes the issue temporarily.

    I haven't managed to find a permanent solution to this. Been looking for new drivers every month hoping for a fix.

    Think I'll need to contact Lenovo service if nobody knows how to fix it.

    I have Windows 7 Enterprise x64 (fully patched from WU)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments