Stop 9F Driver Power State Failure

Anonymous
2010-03-03T22:10:47+00:00

I frequently get STOP 9F bugchecks after my system has been running for awhile and I attempt to put it to sleep or hibernate.

Below is the Bugcheck Analysis:

Can anyone help with this?

0: kd> !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************

*                                                                             *

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

*                                                                             *

*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa80048ec060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff800045fd518, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80043815f0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f78000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

STACK_TEXT: 

fffff800045fd4c8 fffff800030f6e23 : 000000000000009f 0000000000000003 fffffa80048ec060 fffff800045fd518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

fffff800045fd4d0 fffff80003093fa6 : fffff800045fd618 fffff800045fd618 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330

fffff800045fd570 fffff80003093326 : fffffa800959f168 fffffa800959f168 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66

fffff800045fd5e0 fffff80003093e7e : 000000b9fff258c5 fffff800045fdc58 00000000004e2373 fffff800032040e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6

fffff800045fdc30 fffff80003093697 : 00000030510838ce 00000030004e2373 00000030510838d4 0000000000000073 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be

fffff800045fdcd0 fffff800030906fa : fffff80003200e80 fffff8000320ec40 0000000000000001 fffff88000000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277

fffff800045fdd80 0000000000000000 : fffff800045fe000 fffff800045f8000 fffff800045fdd40 0000000000000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner


<Original title - STOP 9F Driver Power State Failure>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-27T12:54:41+00:00

I hve identified the problem, but unfortunately do not have a solution. The problem is indeed the dirver NETw5s64.sys.

see --> http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055 for additonal discussion of the problem Intel needs to update this driver.

If I connect using a wired connection, all works as it should. I can put the system to sleep and wake it up as it should work. However, if I connect using the wireless connection, after using it for some amount of time, the computer will not sleep. THe screen goes blank, disk activity continues for some time and eventually the system gets to STOP 9F.

This and other prblems with this driver and discussed in the above link!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T22:04:30+00:00

    That driver looks OK. Although the date appears off, the version is correct.

    You can always right-click the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" in the Device Manager and select "Disable" to take this device out of the picture as it is not necessary for the wireless adapter to function.

    I took a look at the Intel forums and it appears quite a few users are having an issue with the NETw5s64.sys in Windows 7.

    Here's some of the problems reported:

    http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055?start=0&tstart=0

    What you could try is to update to the latest drivers:

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18748&lang=eng

    If problems persist it may then be worthwhile to turn on the Driver Verifier and see if perhaps another driver may be causing instability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-07T15:57:49+00:00

    It may be too early to tell, but I am optimistic about a solution that seems to be working so far. As I mentioned above, I was getting good results from unchecking “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” for all network adaptors which included:

    Intel(R) 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection

    Intel(R) Centrino® Ultimate- N 630 AGN

    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

    However, the problem this created was a slow response to reconnecting the wireless network and an error in the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” that cause it to be stopped by Windows.

    Now I have unchecked “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” only for the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter”. So far sleep is working fine and the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” does not get an error on wake up.

    If I understand it correctly, the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” allows multiple network connections through the same adapter. If that is the case, the hardware is really controlled by “Intel(R) Centrino® Ultimate- N 630 AGN” and “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” really does not control the power to any hardware. If so, it should not have a Power Management tab at all in Device Manger.

    In any case, after some more time, I’ll update you again on how things are going.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-07T22:38:10+00:00

    Forget the above, it didn't work. I've already installed Intel's latest driver which also did not correct the problem, so next I try the verifier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-07T22:51:28+00:00

    Did the verifier, restarted my system and it start up - no problem, no messages, no BSOD. What now? Maybe Intel should hire a new programer to write a driver that works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments