Stop 9F Driver Power State Failure

Anonymous
2010-03-03T22:10:47+00:00

I frequently get STOP 9F bugchecks after my system has been running for awhile and I attempt to put it to sleep or hibernate.

Below is the Bugcheck Analysis:

Can anyone help with this?

0: kd> !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************

*                                                                             *

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

*                                                                             *

*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa80048ec060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff800045fd518, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80043815f0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f78000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

STACK_TEXT: 

fffff800045fd4c8 fffff800030f6e23 : 000000000000009f 0000000000000003 fffffa80048ec060 fffff800045fd518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

fffff800045fd4d0 fffff80003093fa6 : fffff800045fd618 fffff800045fd618 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330

fffff800045fd570 fffff80003093326 : fffffa800959f168 fffffa800959f168 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66

fffff800045fd5e0 fffff80003093e7e : 000000b9fff258c5 fffff800045fdc58 00000000004e2373 fffff800032040e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6

fffff800045fdc30 fffff80003093697 : 00000030510838ce 00000030004e2373 00000030510838d4 0000000000000073 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be

fffff800045fdcd0 fffff800030906fa : fffff80003200e80 fffff8000320ec40 0000000000000001 fffff88000000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277

fffff800045fdd80 0000000000000000 : fffff800045fe000 fffff800045f8000 fffff800045fdd40 0000000000000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner


<Original title - STOP 9F Driver Power State Failure>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-27T12:54:41+00:00

I hve identified the problem, but unfortunately do not have a solution. The problem is indeed the dirver NETw5s64.sys.

see --> http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055 for additonal discussion of the problem Intel needs to update this driver.

If I connect using a wired connection, all works as it should. I can put the system to sleep and wake it up as it should work. However, if I connect using the wireless connection, after using it for some amount of time, the computer will not sleep. THe screen goes blank, disk activity continues for some time and eventually the system gets to STOP 9F.

This and other prblems with this driver and discussed in the above link!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-04T21:03:56+00:00

    I would go ahead and try the driver from the Intel site. This driver may actually be the same as what may eventually be posted at the Lenova site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-04T20:27:11+00:00

    The Lenovo Driver is the same as the Window Update driver. The version information below is taken from Lenovo Readme file at the link you included above:

    Version            13.00.0000    (Package)

                       - 13.0.0.107  (Driver)

                           for Intel Centrino *-N 1000/6200/6300

                               Intel WiFi Link 1000/5100/5300

                       - 13.0.0.107

                           for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG/3945ABG Network Connection

                       - 13.0.0.107

                           for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG/4965AGN

    The Intel driver, as you mentioned seems to be newer. Is there any difference between the Intel generic driver and the Lenovo driver? The Intel web site recommends using the laptop manufacture's driver (ie Lenovo's). I would assume that I am not the only person with this problem, so at some point they will update the driver. Perhaps I should just use the switch as I mention above until they update the driver, assuming this contiunes to work. What do you think?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-04T16:37:28+00:00

    According to the driver version, the driver that is presently installed for the adapter is the following, which is from Windows Update (you have to install the ActiveX control to see it):

    http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=VEN_8086%26DEV_4238

    It may help to change the driver from that one.

    You could try the following driver (and utility), which appears older (version 13.00.0000), but posted by Lenova for your laptop:

    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73611

    You could also try the following newer "generic" driver (version 13.1.1.1) directly form Intel:

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18748&lang=eng

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-04T15:18:26+00:00

    The name of the adapter is Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate- N 6300 AGN

    Hardware IDs:

    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086&REV_35

    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086

    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_028000

    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_0280

    Driver Date: 9/15/2009

    Driver Version: 13.0.0.107

    No "Roll Back Driver" button

    I have no third party firewall software and no anti-virus software installed. I have also disabled the windows firewall.

    Since you indicated that it was the wireless adapter, I have tried the following:

    The Lenovo T510 has a manual switch that turns off all radios (network and bluetooth). So far, if I turn the radios off and then put the comptuer to sleep, the computer sleeps normally. If I then switch the radios back on and wake the computer it seems to work OK. I have only done this a few times so perhaps it is not a work around yet...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments