So I guess no one has anymore ideas ?
Large file transfer stops working when using USB hard drive and Windows 7 64 bit, Intel chipset
I have an Acer Aspire 8735G running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have a clean install and all the latest BIOS and drivers from the manufacturer. It also in NOT running Nvidia chip for the USB enhanced controller. It is an Intel controller. When I use any USB hard drive, the transfer starts then stops responding part way through. It seems to stop at various points in the transfer. I have to reboot to get the USB port to start working again. This happens with large files and folders with a large amount of files within. Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2010-02-11T16:33:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-02-11T17:58:04+00:00 Hi Croth44,
There might be some corruption in the drive. So, run a check disk on your USB drive and see if it helps.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Bindu S -- Microsoft Support
-
Anonymous
2010-02-11T18:57:58+00:00 I have previously done this. There were no errors. It happens on both of my USB hard drives. Again, It will work in safe mode.
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2010-02-15T00:52:58+00:00 New information. If I go to device manager and disable the ICH9 Family Enhanced USB2 controller, the file transfer will work. It works but is extremely slow. Hopefully this new info will help someone determine the cause.. Help
-
Anonymous
2010-02-24T01:55:12+00:00 The new information doesn't provide any clues. I was counting on the experts