Everyone out of ideas?? Is this a Window 7 problem ? Seems like alot of people are having this issue We can't all have driver issues. This is a real annoying issue
Large file transfer stops working when using USB hard drive and Windows 7 64 bit, Intel chipset
I have an Acer Aspire 8735G running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have a clean install and all the latest BIOS and drivers from the manufacturer. It also in NOT running Nvidia chip for the USB enhanced controller. It is an Intel controller. When I use any USB hard drive, the transfer starts then stops responding part way through. It seems to stop at various points in the transfer. I have to reboot to get the USB port to start working again. This happens with large files and folders with a large amount of files within. Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2010-03-01T23:58:08+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-02-24T02:48:24+00:00 I have tried these and run the installation program but when I look in device manager and look at the driver version for the enhanced USB controller it still shows microsoft as the driver provider. The driver version doesn't seem to change
-
Anonymous
2010-02-24T02:31:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-02-24T01:55:12+00:00 The new information doesn't provide any clues. I was counting on the experts
-
Anonymous
2010-02-15T00:52:58+00:00 New information. If I go to device manager and disable the ICH9 Family Enhanced USB2 controller, the file transfer will work. It works but is extremely slow. Hopefully this new info will help someone determine the cause.. Help