This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.
"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.
Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop. The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field. I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."
This does not solve the problem. Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access? I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route. At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.
Thank you for your assistance.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-09-12T15:09:42+00:00 Same issue when typing u key when entering password after locking my session with Windows+L.
Thanks to this forum I have learnt it is linked to the RDP session I wa running as if using Windows + L and having an RDP session makes the Windows sticky.
Solution for me when this happen is to click on the small icon on the bottom left, it opens the "Ease of use" window where I can click cancel and enter my paswword normally.
Other workaround use a password not using the letters that can be used along the Windows key.
-
Anonymous
2013-07-24T14:53:41+00:00 Same issue here but I have the problem when typing the P in my password and I get the "choose a display" menu, the shortcut is Win+P. It happens when i lock my computer. At first ii would reboot but clicking the 'Switch user' button and choosing your user again works for me. I will try the other suggestions on this post as well and note if i'm using RDP or not.
Thanks
V
-
Anonymous
2013-06-10T09:57:44+00:00 i resolved this by getting a mac, but nxt challenge is how to turn off this notifications for this forum...
-
Anonymous
2013-06-10T09:49:32+00:00 I swoped my keyboard.