"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T22:56:10+00:00

Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop.  The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field.  I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."

This does not solve the problem.  Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access?  I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route.  At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.

Thank you for your assistance.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-10T11:03:54+00:00

This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-22T07:10:08+00:00

    HP Pavilion g6

    Window Home Basic 64 bit.

    Thanks a lot dear, i was too much frustrated because i had tried almost every thing, updated the BIOS, remove the keyboard installed new one checked it with on screen keyboard still Window key was in auto mode, U key was not working and there are few more keys which were not working correctly, windows help popup every 2-3 seconds, so finally its working now.

    HP Support says these:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458194

    There are two common keyboard issues that can occur during the normal operation. The first is the Num Lock key gets accidentally pressed, turning a portion of the keyboard into a number pad. The other is the keyboard language gets inadvertently switched from its original language to another, resulting in some letters and numbers appearing different on the screen than how they are typed. #LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T02:05:10+00:00

    MS sucks this is why they continue to lose market share to Apple and Linux.

    It's a pathetic OS created by morons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-25T18:18:07+00:00

    yeah i had this happen, a long time ago though, i can`t remember if i had to do a system restore,or if i had to backup all my files and download the operating system and use the license on the base, i know it was a terrible handling for something as you say should be addressed by microsoft,it is a simple fix,if only we new howwwwwwwww !!! i will google it further just to see has there been any advancements or easy fixes since it last happened ......regards Aidan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-24T20:34:21+00:00

    The work around is simple.  I just press the Windows button to turn it off.  Then I press it a second time to close the start menu.  The problem still needs to be fixed so it doesn't happen.  All kinds of strange things happen when I'm typing and it starts doing things other than typing.  Why can't Microsoft address some of these persistent issues with all these updates they send out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments